A Caribbean port-by-port look after Irma, Maria

IRL_Joanie

I posted this info in Sail's Thread, but think should b e here on the Main HAL Board so all will see it.

Saw and followed this link to USA Today.com, which has an in depth (IMO) listing of the Caribbean Islands Open and Closed:

"Is your Caribbean cruise destination still open? A port-by-port look after Irma, Maria"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/21/your-caribbean-cruise-destination-still-open-port-by-port-look-after-irma-maria/685467001/

Hubby now has to start searching, just in case, for stuff to do in December. He still has not heard anything from HAL.

It is my hope that all of the islands are able to come back from the devastation quickly. Though I know that many of them have little funding to cover what needs to be done.

Joanie

Thanks for posting the link. I had seen this earlier and thought it was a great summary.

I really feel for the people of Dominica - we had been there several times and it was such a beautiful island and people so nice- I have wanted to go back but now???? Hope the people can get their lives back and possibly rebuild so others can enjoy the beautiful island

I notice the article is written in the past tense, while Maria is still in the Caribbean destroying whatever is in her path. It's important to note that what may be true in the article today, may not be true tomorrow.

And hurricane season isn't over yet.

Before accepting what has been written in the article, it is important to check for more up-to-date information when making a decision as to your own plans.

I notice the article is written in the past tense, while Maria is still in the Caribbean destroying whatever is in her path. It's important to note that what may be true in the article today, may not be true tomorrow.

And hurricane season isn't over yet.

Before accepting what has been written in the article, it is important to check for more up-to-date information when making a decision as to your own plans.

Agree 100%.

Joanie