Booked Anthem!

garnet115

So I took the plunge and booked Anthem for February 2018, which means I am now officially in planning mode. I'm an avid cruiser, but have never been on Royal before, so I'll be checking the boards regularly to learn all that I can about the cruise line and the ship. If anyone has any particular tidbits to share, I'm all ears, but really just saying hello and sharing my excitement. I was starting to get antsy without having a cruise on the horizon. Even if it's almost a year away, it feels good to have something to look forward to! :D

So I took the plunge and booked Anthem for February 2018, which means I am now officially in planning mode. I'm an avid cruiser, but have never been on Royal before, so I'll be checking the boards regularly to learn all that I can about the cruise line and the ship. If anyone has any particular tidbits to share, I'm all ears, but really just saying hello and sharing my excitement. I was starting to get antsy without having a cruise on the horizon. Even if it's almost a year away, it feels good to have something to look forward to! :D

Anthem is GREAT SHIP! Lots of fun things to do on board. (I am a fan of Royal's bigger ships but the bigger ships don't go to every port we have done (past) and are doing (future.)

OP this is what i've learned as a newbie sailing in 10 months on anthem

no one knows when things open up to book so you must check your planner everyday

ditto with booze and internet sales. no way to know but log in every day . but i'm sure we wont have to pay retail as sales come up all the time.

i check pricing every single day up until cruise day so this isnt the end of the world

i'm told you can change passenger names up until a day before sailing as long as you keep the main person on there.

buy travel insurance.

read this board every day and look at all the new thread topics is how i try to keep up with things and benefit from others newbies questions.

OP this is what i've learned as a newbie sailing in 10 months on anthem

no one knows when things open up to book so you must check your planner everyday

ditto with booze and internet sales. no way to know but log in every day . but i'm sure we wont have to pay retail as sales come up all the time.

i check pricing every single day up until cruise day so this isnt the end of the world

i'm told you can change passenger names up until a day before sailing as long as you keep the main person on there.

buy travel insurance.

read this board every day and look at all the new thread topics is how i try to keep up with things and benefit from others newbies questions.

Thanks for the advice. I will be scouring the boards daily for useful information and reviews.

We returned from The Awesome Anthem last year, April 30th, on May 2nd booked for this year, started counting down at like 360 days, now, only 53 days left for our next sailing!!! It went quickly, I am on their site and these boards a few times a day! Always check the prices, may get a better deal. Enjoy!!

Marg

Be ready to cross the rough seas in North Carolina. I was on the "hurricane cruise" where the coast guard had to intervene and order the captain to turn around during a weird hurricane in February. We had 145 mph winds and 45+ feet waves for 12 hours and had to stay in our cabin. Captain was warned but he went anyway. Ship limped back to Bayonne with one motor. SCARY! Ship has been cursed lots of wierd stuff. Google it!

Thanks for the info. I am aware of the "hurricane cruise" last February and have seen the videos. I sailed from NYC in February 2 years ago and didn't have a problem, so am hopeful that it will not be a big issue next year. I know Anthem has had some bad luck, and it did give me pause before booking, but I decided to take my chances. We need a change from the Breakaway, and Anthem was my only other option for sailing from the NY area that time of year. Fingers crossed for calm seas and warm weather this time next year!

Be ready to cross the rough seas in North Carolina. I was on the "hurricane cruise" where the coast guard had to intervene and order the captain to turn around during a weird hurricane in February. We had 145 mph winds and 45+ feet waves for 12 hours and had to stay in our cabin. Captain was warned but he went anyway. Ship limped back to Bayonne with one motor. SCARY! Ship has been cursed lots of wierd stuff. Google it!

Just wondering, has that ever worked to dissuade someone from booking.:rolleyes: