The Dream,,again!

Am really regretting reading Dream reviews! Come on all Dreamers,,tell me how wonderful she is!! Please:cool: I know she's not uber modern and new but why are there so many complaints?? Doing Agean shores in August and really looking forward to it,,new places to visit and new ship to explore. Yes,,I know Corfu airport is a total shambles:rolleyes: what do we think about the turkey port cesme?? Am planning on doing Ephesus from there,,never been Turkey at all ,,it's really not on my wish list,,apart from Ephesus,,is it considered " safe" ? Has anybody been?

Hi Cappers have given you some good news on your other post, as I said daughter and family had a good time did not notice much had changed in two years, and they are particular about food & wine, mostly eating in the MDR they also did not have any problems at the airport but that could be the time they traveled. Go with an open mind everyone has different ideas.😁😁

Hi Cappers - did Aegean Shores back in May and loved the Dream. We found the food to be good both in the MD and in the Lido. The ship was clean. Didn't appear to be as many staff around as previously but all went well. Weather wasn't too clever but we made the most of it.

Cesme – What a lovely little place! Only 20 minutes walk to the centre of the town and the castle. We went into the castle (8 TL or credit card) and it was lovely. Walked up many steps to the top where we had great views. We then had an ice-cream and sat in the sun (all the tables and chairs were shaped like ice-cream cones). Walked along the front where there are lots of white table cloth type restaurants and then back through the streets where the cafes and shops were. Had a drink on the way back at a cafe by the harbour. Great relaxing day.

Thank you :D I do like positivity! It just seemed like every review was bad bad bad. I go with the attitude of,,I'm on holiday, I'm not at work,,I'm not dead,,I am lucky to have such a nice holiday,,I'm with my lovely husband in the sunshine,,what's not to like? :) not going to read anymore reviews. It will be absolutely fabulous!

We came back last week from Iconic Islands had a fab cruise staff were great show team fabulous,food lovely just one little moan that was the coffee in the buffet but sorted that out with a trip to the explorers lounge and a great cappuccino.Have a great cruise:)

We go Friday and had a chuckle to myself reading some of the disgruntlement. Brass not polished highly enough, sunbeds not arranged in a straight menner etc. I suggest these people seek medical help for their OCD before they think about stepping onto another ship. You can tell the pro moaners within a few seconds of starting to read a review, they are not hard to spot (and disregard).

We have had 6 brilliant cruises on the Dream BUT, on the last trip (November), we did notice that the pool tiling was in a very poor state and desperately needed replacing. Hope that this has been done by now as it was a health and safety hazard.

We have had 6 brilliant cruises on the Dream BUT, on the last trip (November), we did notice that the pool tiling was in a very poor state and desperately needed replacing. Hope that this has been done by now as it was a health and safety hazard.

As you say that's a H&S issue however the shineyness (???) of brass or the straigtness (???) of sunbeds are most certainly not. I'm going with the attitude it will be a great holiday so it will take a lot to shift that position and hopefully that won't be the case.

They were doing repair work on the pool while we were there in May so should be fine now. Just go and enjoy yourselves, at least you'll be in the sunshine and away from all the doom and gloom we have at home:(

Apparently the 'non shineyness' of the brass, at least on the stairways, is due to the use of antibacterial, ?antiviral cleaning fluids to prevent Norovirus! I'm happy with that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Only on the new ships, don't know if you have cruised before but with the air conditioning it is comfortable even in the Caribbean but you don't have to dress up you can always use the self service restaurants it's a great ship which we have just booked again for next year and I will definitely be taking my penguin suit and Mrs PC will take her posh frocks😉

Do we have posh frock nights on the dream? God I hope not,,I really don't want to have to dress up in summer heat. Are they calling it dress to impress now?

There is one formal dinner a week on Dream, Majesty, Celebration and Spirit when many people dress to the nines - we love it as to us it is part of the cruising tradition; although many men like to go the full hog and wear DJs or kilts, a smart jacket and trousers is fine and if you don't want to wear a long dress or cocktail dress a smart top and trousers will do for the ladies. However, if you don't want to dress up you can use the self service restaurants that night.

No,,if there's a night when there is a black tie dress code then we will participate,,we always do but we don't usually cruise in high summer and haven't been on the dream or other Thomson ship for about 3 years now,,been enjoying the P&O offerings. I'll pack a frock and make the effort but doubt very much my Adypoos will want to wear his DJ in such Greek heat! Actually, I'll have to really think this through cos we are having a week on a beach after the cruise so I'd probably rather take more beachwear than fancy evening wear,,hmmm,,decisions decisions:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on the Dream 24/7/16 for two weeks.Have been on the ship before so new what to expect in terms of the ship.In my opinion Thomson's have lost the plot.Firstly the crew (ie waiters etc) are not the happy Philippines they used to have but now there are a lot of young Caribbean lads who just want to pose about and look cool for there mates, getting a drink in the Broadway was virtually impossible. Also dress standards have totally disappeared,even on the captain's night there were people dressed in t shirts and shorts.To me a cruise is a chance to wear decent clothes and look reasonably smart (I work in a factory so have to wear work wear all year round) there was even one scruffy so and so in a vest in the Medusa lounge of an evening!.To be honest if you wanted a drink in most of the bars it was best to go to the bar your self. The shows in the Broadway are very samey just singing and dancing (the show team are very good and work very hard) and one show was repeated so we saw it twice .Overall we were a bit disappointed that there didn't appear to be any standards anymore in terms of service and dress.

Sailed on the Dream 24/7/16 for two weeks.Have been on the ship before so new what to expect in terms of the ship.In my opinion Thomson's have lost the plot.Firstly the crew (ie waiters etc) are not the happy Philippines they used to have but now there are a lot of young Caribbean lads who just want to pose about and look cool for there mates, getting a drink in the Broadway was virtually impossible. Also dress standards have totally disappeared,even on the captain's night there were people dressed in t shirts and shorts.To me a cruise is a chance to wear decent clothes and look reasonably smart (I work in a factory so have to wear work wear all year round) there was even one scruffy so and so in a vest in the Medusa lounge of an evening!.To be honest if you wanted a drink in most of the bars it was best to go to the bar your self. The shows in the Broadway are very samey just singing and dancing (the show team are very good and work very hard) and one show was repeated so we saw it twice .Overall we were a bit disappointed that there didn't appear to be any standards anymore in terms of service and dress.

A large number of experienced staff were transferred to Discovery so some of those on Dream are new to Thomson. Rest assured, if they don't do their job efficiently and display incorrect attitudes they will be going home soonest.

People have denigrated the more international crew mix on some Thomson ships, in contrast I find them efficient and friendly, Discovery for instance has over 40 different nationalities in the crew and 4 weeks into the season I saw them starting to work as a team.

If you like Roman ruins and I do Ephesus is great But it will be hot in august.As for Turkey it's a bit hot and dusty (obvs) but the people are great.We went to kusadasi and had a great time haggling for the 'genuine'fakes .I know

it's obvious but take plenty of water you will need it