Post Cruise Question

dual

Good Day

We disembark our cruise around 8am on 25th Nov in FLL. We (Hubby & I) would like to do some last minute shopping before heading back to the UK.

I was wondering are the best malls near the port or near MIA? Also, the question of what I do with my luggage comes to mind. Ive looked on the Royal Caribbean excursions and cant seem to find a tour which fits the bill post cruise and keeps your luggage.

Can anyone offer suggestions please.

Many thanks

Dual :)

Good Day

We disembark our cruise around 8am on 25th Nov in FLL. We (Hubby & I) would like to do some last minute shopping before heading back to the UK.

I was wondering are the best malls near the port or near MIA? Also, the question of what I do with my luggage comes to mind. Ive looked on the Royal Caribbean excursions and cant seem to find a tour which fits the bill post cruise and keeps your luggage.

Can anyone offer suggestions please.

Many thanks

Dual :)

You could rent a car and visit the Sawgrass Mills Mall, which is maybe a 15 min drive from the FLL airport.

You could rent a car and visit the Sawgrass Mills Mall, which is maybe a 15 min drive from the FLL airport.

It's about 30mins with zero traffic. And then about an hour to get to MIA.

Dolphin Mall is very close to MIA, not sure what to do with the bags though.

It is 45 minutes in normal traffic.

To the OP, since you are flying out of MIA, I'd head to Aventura Mall. It is the second or third largest mall in the US (only behind or ahead of Sawgrass) and on your way to the Miami Airport. I love Sawgrass and the deals are great but it is a bit out of your way.

OK thanks Guys.

Seems the malls are my best bet but still the issue of what to do with bags. I understand that RCCL have a bag drop off & check in at MIA but not for international flights.......bummer :(

I will continue to search

Actually, i just found this which mentions shopping but is it good shopping? like a mall or something, does anyone know?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=FT80&DestinationCode=

The excursion doesn't take you anywhere known for shopping, just to Hollywood Broadwalk.

As suggested above, Aventura Mall is your best bet and reasonably close to the MIA airport. Either Uber to MIA, pay to store your bags, and then use another Uber to get to the mall, or rent a car for the day (one-way FLL to MIA), put the bags in the trunk (boot to you), and drive to the mall on your own schedule.

Good luck and please report back on how it all works out.