Port days-time in port and foreign country

alise007

We are a family of 4 (2 kids 4 and 6) cruising in Sept but haven't cruised in 7 yrs so I can't remember how this works!!

We are Americans and we all have passports. Our cruise goes to Quebec City, Canada via Boston on NCL Dawn.

Will we need our Passports and have to go thru immigration with each new city in Canada? We have 4 cities (3 provinces) that are visited.

If our itinerary says we are in port from 8am-5pm what amt of time do we actually have off the ship? I can find on the NCL website that we must be back on board 1 hour before departure time but cannot find out if we can depart the ship starting at 8am or if there is a time delay there as well?

I am trying to plan excursions and allow for getting rental cars picked up and returned but I want to be reasonable!!

thanks!

You will not have to go through immigration at each city.

You may not even had to go through it or if you do one time.

When it say 8:00 AM it can vary. It could mean you arrive then and likely will be off by around 8:30 AM and other times that is around the time you can leave the ship. 5:00 PM is the time the ship leaves.

Keith

We were on a transatlantic a couple of years ago with several stops in Nova Scotia, & Newfoundland. We did not have to go thru immigration.

Canada is usually pretty quick clearing the ship, so 15 to 30 minutes after arrival, you can be on your way. It usually takes 10 to 20 minutes for the initial rush to clear.

Archived