Want to go to the best Botanical Garden

fedexretiree

We are wanting to go to the best Botanical Garden on Barbados. We want to see lots of flowers and I have been thinking about Andromeda or Huntes and Flower Forest (but I read that they have more palms and ferns there than flowers). I wanted an opinion of the best one to go to

I read that Orchid World and Tropical Flower Garden aren't the greatest.

Please Help with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were completely unimpressed by Orchid World. But then again, we're more interested in gardens than displays of potted plants.

We very much enjoyed both Huntes and Andromeda Gardens. You'll need to be in decent shape for Huntes. It's located in a deep gully, and my arthritic knees found all the stairs to be a challenge. And bring water with you. The gully really traps the heat. But for me, it was totally worth it to see what one man, with only a couple of helpers, can accomplish. Andromeda is a much easier stroll, and has more expansive grounds.

TripAdvisor will have more current reviews of both places.

We were completely unimpressed by Orchid World. But then again, we're more interested in gardens than displays of potted plants.

We very much enjoyed both Huntes and Andromeda Gardens. You'll need to be in decent shape for Huntes. It's located in a deep gully, and my arthritic knees found all the stairs to be a challenge. And bring water with you. The gully really traps the heat. But for me, it was totally worth it to see what one man, with only a couple of helpers, can accomplish. Andromeda is a much easier stroll, and has more expansive grounds.

TripAdvisor will have more current reviews of both places.

Thanks so much for the response. We are going to be limited to going to 1 garden because we want to spend some time at the beach. Sounds like you may have enjoyed Huntes better is that correct? I still have a few questions for you if you would please tell me which one had the most flowers?

Also I have heard that they pipe classical music into Huntes which I think I would rather have just the nature sounds and was wondering if that was a little distracting?

How far is Huntes from the port and if you remember how much the cab ride there and back was that would be great....Thanks in advance

We've been to Flower Forest and Hunte's Garden and enjoyed both. Hunte's Garden was our favorite.

thanks for the response...I am wondering how much the cab ride was to Huntes and the entrance fee. I am not sure if I will be fond of the music that they play as I would rather just hear the birds monkeys and ext. Were there more flowers at Huntes? Thanks in advance