Do you need membership to buy wine at BJ's?

mkkao924

We will be staying in Hyatt House and there is a BJ's across the street. I am wondering if I can just walk over to buy a bottle of wine or two and bring it to cruise. Do I need a membership to buy alcohol at BJ's?

The rule seems to be varied from state to state, so I want to verify it first.

If not, I guess I can always go to Kmart right next to it.

We will be staying in Hyatt House and there is a BJ's across the street. I am wondering if I can just walk over to buy a bottle of wine or two and bring it to cruise. Do I need a membership to buy alcohol at BJ's?

The rule seems to be varied from state to state, so I want to verify it first.

If not, I guess I can always go to Kmart right next to it.

Kmart has a very limited selection.

BJs will let you purchase wine without a membership. If cashier says anything, see the service desk and they will straighten it out.

Husband works Bj's in Mass.. You can get a nonmember pass but you pay 15% more.

According to the BJ's website the one day passes are not valid for alcohol or gas purchases.

Here in Florida the hard liquor department of warehouse club stores is considered a separate business which must have a separate entrance that does not access the main building. My impression is that admission is granted to all, similar to the pharmacy which by law cannot charge different prices to members and non-members. But beer and wine are sold in the grocery section of the main store--and I have never personally tried to buy any at any club I was not a member of. I can only presume you would not be challenged as the responses above report.

According to the BJ's website the one day passes are not valid for alcohol or gas purchases.

Here in Florida the hard liquor department of warehouse club stores is considered a separate business which must have a separate entrance that does not access the main building. My impression is that admission is granted to all, similar to the pharmacy which by law cannot charge different prices to members and non-members. But beer and wine are sold in the grocery section of the main store--and I have never personally tried to buy any at any club I was not a member of. I can only presume you would not be challenged as the responses above report.

Not sure about the 15% additional, but I do know that you can buy the wine at BJs in Dania.

Kmart has a very limited selection.

BJs will let you purchase wine without a membership. If cashier says anything, see the service desk and they will straighten it out.

I am a member of Sam's Club and the employee in the liquor section told me that Florida Law requires Sam's to sell to people without a membership. Does anyone know if this applies to wine?

• 3 weeks later...