Recent Embassy Suites Miami Airport?

UpstateCruizer

We have booked a one night stay at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport location. We typically stay in FLL at Embassy Suites however they are refusing to allow uso change our 2 day stay to just one so we are looking at other options.

We booked the airport ES location as they do allow just one night. We have never stayed at this location and figured we'd give it a try. Because of the location I'm looking for feedback from someone that HAS stayed there recently.

Where did you eat? We have a vehicle but would prefer to not drive a long distance away from the hotel to find a place to eat.

Did you eat at the hotel's resturant and if so how was it?

Was the hotel clean? We were feeling good about booking this hotel until we found a recent review claiming bed bugs! It was an isolated complaint but made us rethink our hotel choice.

Any feedback from cruisers that haved stayed here recently would be greatly appreciated.

I will be staying at the MIA ES also end if this month pre cruise. I have had it booked for a while but never discovered bed bug reports in my research. Im a little obsessive over these types of issues. Curious where you read that information? Thanks.

I will be staying at the MIA ES also end if this month pre cruise. I have had it booked for a while but never discovered bed bug reports in my research. Im a little obsessive over these types of issues. Curious where you read that information? Thanks.

I just canceled this hotel. I found the bed bug review. Fwiw i found a better rate at the hilton garden inn airport west. It looks to be in a better location also, near a mall and restaurants.

We were at the MIA ES in March. It was just OK, showing more wear and tear than an average ES. We had lunch there and it was OK. There is no dining or shopping within walking distance worth going to. We probably wouldn't return.

Edited by bouhunter

We have booked a one night stay at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport location. We typically stay in FLL at Embassy Suites however they are refusing to allow uso change our 2 day stay to just one so we are looking at other options.

We booked the airport ES location as they do allow just one night. We have never stayed at this location and figured we'd give it a try. Because of the location I'm looking for feedback from someone that HAS stayed there recently.

Where did you eat? We have a vehicle but would prefer to not drive a long distance away from the hotel to find a place to eat.

Did you eat at the hotel's resturant and if so how was it?

Was the hotel clean? We were feeling good about booking this hotel until we found a recent review claiming bed bugs! It was an isolated complaint but made us rethink our hotel choice.

Any feedback from cruisers that haved stayed here recently would be greatly appreciated.

I would stay downtown Miami. The Hampton Inn gets great reviews and there is so much you can walk to.

I would never stay at that ES unless I had a late flight in and an early flight out.

Thanks for all the responses. I went through a few sites with reviews and just could not get past all the negative comments regarding this location. We changed hotels. As much as I love Embassy Suites there's no way that many people could be wrong with their reviews.

We will miss staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL but not enough to pay for two nights and only stay one. I cancelled that reservation as well.

On the flip side living in Florida now makes it easier to just stay one night and not feel like we needed a second night to escape our NY weather :)