Cabin size

andrek

Hello, we are going to be on the Noordam and are wondering if it is worth it to upgrade for $650 per person from a balcony cabin on the 7th floor forward midship to a signature suite. Is the space dramatically larger. Is the balcony larger?

Thanks,

Andrea

You didn't say how long your cruise is. None of us has any idea what your financial situation is. Having said that, the room is approximately 50% larger, as is the balcony. We think those cabins are a great bargain, if it doesn't stretch your budget too much. You do not get the amenities of the SA, SB and SC suite.

I would say if you are talking about a 10 day or longer cruise, go for it. If it's for 7 days, but you have the money, go for it. They are great cabins overall.

Hello, we are going to be on the Noordam and are wondering if it is worth it to upgrade for $650 per person from a balcony cabin on the 7th floor forward midship to a signature suite. Is the space dramatically larger. Is the balcony larger?

Thanks,

Andrea

While the Signature Suites are alot larger and nicer (IMO) than a standard balcony cabin, I do not think it is worth $650 pp to upgrade for a 7 day cruise. For a 14 day or longer, it would be a good deal IMO.

Edited by DaveOKC

Thanks,

Andrea

I, too, think $650pp is too much for a 7 day cruise. Has HAL offered you an upsell or are you just looking at upgrading yourself.

I would wait till closer to cruise time and you might (might) get an offer to upgrade for a much lower price.

Thanks,

Andrea

It is also good to know that the bathroom is much larger, with two sinks, and a stand-up shower IN ADDITION to the whirlpool tub/shower combo, more storage space etc.:)

Cheers!

It is also good to know that the bathroom is much larger, with two sinks, and a stand-up shower IN ADDITION to the whirlpool tub/shower combo, more storage space etc.:)

Cheers!

I agree and midship signature suites are our choice especially on cruises 12+ days and longer!

Denise:)

I was not aware that Signature suites were midship. I thought they were only at the front and back of the ship. I will check with our agent. Thanks so much.

Our cruise is 14 days. Our budget can take the $650pp but not much more.

Andrea

We were on Noordam in August and had an SY Signature Suite mid-ship on the starboard side. The stateroom was lovely and we really enjoyed it (once the AC was fixed to address both the noise and the smell of food cooking in the Lido which took over the first couple of days).

We were booked early and managed to get stateroom 8099 which is where there is a bump-out on the ship. That gave us an extra corner in the room where we put the two chairs and little table so we could sit inside and look out (this was an Alaska cruise and some days we didn't want to be out for too long due to the weather). When we were out on the balcony, we really enjoyed the extra space the bump-out provided. The only downside was that those ahead of us could look back over their balcony railing and see onto the part of our balcony that bumped-out. If you are okay with that (we were), then this is a terrific stateroom. We also really enjoyed the dual sink vanity and felt there was a lot of space in this room.

So, I'm with the others here who say that if you can afford it, a Signature Suite is a nice treat! But we generally sail with veranda staterooms and they are very good too.

We were on Noordam in August and had an SY Signature Suite mid-ship on the starboard side. The stateroom was lovely and we really enjoyed it (once the AC was fixed to address both the noise and the smell of food cooking in the Lido which took over the first couple of days).

We were booked early and managed to get stateroom 8099 which is where there is a bump-out on the ship. That gave us an extra corner in the room where we put the two chairs and little table so we could sit inside and look out (this was an Alaska cruise and some days we didn't want to be out for too long due to the weather). When we were out on the balcony, we really enjoyed the extra space the bump-out provided. The only downside was that those ahead of us could look back over their balcony railing and see onto the part of our balcony that bumped-out. If you are okay with that (we were), then this is a terrific stateroom. We also really enjoyed the dual sink vanity and felt there was a lot of space in this room.

So, I'm with the others here who say that if you can afford it, a Signature Suite is a nice treat! But we generally sail with veranda staterooms and they are very good too.

We have 8099 booked for a Panama Canal cruise. How do you think the views will be given the angled cabin? From what I can see, we will have a good forward view. Any thoughts??

We have 8099 booked for a Panama Canal cruise. How do you think the views will be given the angled cabin? From what I can see, we will have a good forward view. Any thoughts??

I think you will like it. Your view out 90 degrees from the ship and your view forward will be excellent. You won't see to the back fully unless you lean to look around. We spent some of our time at Glacier Bay viewing from the balcony and thought we had a great view. We could see better than those ahead of us but perhaps those behind might had seen more...hard to say.

We have done 1.5 Panama crossings and my advice is to spend the day viewing it from several different places. The aft view on the Lido will likely be interesting as will the Crowsnest.

When in the canal we like to do room service for breakfast and lunch - great way to watch what's happening and feel pampered at the same time.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!