Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona, weather

bunny369

Although weather conditions change constantly, I would love to hear from people who have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona in April-May as to what weather conditions they experienced. It will help me determine what to pack for several days at sea.

In knowing what the weather will be while out on the open ocean during the crossing. Do I pack sweatshirts to wear out on deck, are regular tees alright during the day, is swimming out of the question?

I don't see a way to "google" different longitudes or latitudes for weather reports so I'm depending on those of you who have taken this April crossing to share their experiences. Having the appropriate clothing is important to us.

Thanks for any experiences you might share.

Once in Barcelona it will probably be cold that time of the year...warmer on the ship.

Thanks for the info but our main concern is what the temps will be while crossing the ocean. It would seem to me in late April the winds out in the Atlantic will be chilly. Just how chilly is what I wonder about. We like to spend lots of time outside on the decks, both during the day and in the evenings. With Central Park and the Boardwalk being "open" we hope to enjoy those venues also.

Perhaps someone will chime in with their experiences on other ships.

We had great weather in late April, early may. Not hot enough to lie out in the sun, but we did walk outside everyday in shorts. A little cool at night and first thing in the morning. You'll want a light jacket.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by willing292

Thanks for the info but our main concern is what the temps will be while crossing the ocean. It would seem to me in late April the winds out in the Atlantic will be chilly. Just how chilly is what I wonder about. We like to spend lots of time outside on the decks, both during the day and in the evenings. With Central Park and the Boardwalk being "open" we hope to enjoy those venues also.

Perhaps someone will chime in with their experiences on other ships.

With your comment about Cental Park and Boardwalk... assume you are on a RCCL ship. Since you are suggesting you want to spent a lot of time day and evenings out on deck.

We have done a few crossings. Our experience at sea during the day, was very pleasant if the crossing was a southern one. We were never outside after sundown though. We did take jackets, we are from San FRancisco, so 60 degrees is comfortable to us. I doubt we saw weather as high as 70.

Any crossing going to Bermuda, is not really a southern crossing, when we have done crossing including Bermuda we found the weather even cooler.

I agree with an earlier response that Barcelona tends we cool, also rainy. Love Barcelona, very nice in the fall.

You don't say where you live. The Canadian answered it was nice when this Floridian would say it was downright chilly. Sweater and windbreaker for me.

Thanks for the humour. And you're right, weather is all relative.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app