Tower Bridge live webcams

Martita B.

We ate lunch just by the bridge on Saturday (at Butler's Wharf) and were discussing how cool it would be to embark a Seabourn ship here.

I had dinner on Sunday at Le pont de la tour with friends from Australia and after we went to the ceremony of the keys at the Tower of London.

It's always a great location to take visitors to the UK

I had dinner on Sunday at Le pont de la tour with friends from Australia and after we went to the ceremony of the keys at the Tower of London.

It's always a great location to take visitors to the UK

We think it's a great location for us country hicks too! It's even better if the bridge opens while you are sitting there (it now does this regularly for the 'paddle steamers') Even my native Londoner husband enjoys that greatly.

On this occasion we went to the Chop House, but we also like the Pont de la Tour. Great food and good value at lunchtime, not been to either in the evening.

And either would be good for viewing a visiting Seabourn ship, I'm sure.

Sorry to disagree with you both, but, although the view is great, le pont dlt is probably one of the most overpriced and overrated restaurants in the world. In May, three of us lunched for 220 pounds, 2 drinks each and subpar pork curlets, with no dessert, but, near 4 pound coffees!

Edited by The A Train

I am surprised nobody has mentioned looking at the poppies in the moat.

It is one of the most amazing sights anywhere at the moment.

Tony, they have. Take a look at the roll call for the Legend sailing on 11 September out of London to Athens. Quite a bit on there/

On our Fall Transatlantic Crossings many of us from the US attended the Memorial's held in the show lounge's ~both on the small ships and the bigger Sisters ~always a large group. Last Fall TA, I home fashioned red poppy's and took these to my British friends and the Staff who held the ceremonies. Extremely well done by Seabourn.

MB

Edited by Martita B.

We went to see the poppies on Saturday too. They truly are stunning. Unfortunately the whole area was heaving with visitors, which detracted from the atmosphere as little. We will be back in London in October and will pay another visit then; hopefully it will be a little quieter.

Crafty,

You were unlucky on Saturday in that there was also the bicycle ride along the Embankment. We needed to drive nearby and were frightened by the number of visitors hiring Boris bikes but not knowing how to ride them.

Come back later into the autumn and enjoy the poppies in relative peace.

Tony

London SW6

There were bikes everywhere, but the area around the actual moat was jam-packed - and yes, some were trying to wheel bikes through the throng, which was not very successful! Definitely planning for a return, but I doubt it will be as sunny!

I am surprised nobody has mentioned looking at the poppies in the moat.

It is one of the most amazing sights anywhere at the moment.

Tony

Yes,we saw the poppies up close at the ceremony of the keys,they are a wonderful sight cascading along the moat