Spencer Ambrose Sulpher Springs Options

Colbycat

We are considering one of Spencer's excursions. It says we have to choose our activity at Sulpher Springs. We can choose the mud baths or a guided tour of the volcano. If we choose the mud bath would we still see the volcano, just not get a guided tour? I'm not big on guided tours but I don't want to miss seeing it completely! Thanks.

I was honestly going to make the same exact post. I like his website and the sound of his tour, but he's the only one who does not do both places. Top of my list is that mud bath, and I think he does it the way he does so you get sufficient time there. Question is, do we miss much by not seeing the inside of the volcano????

• 5 weeks later...

The Sulphur Springs volcano and mud baths are basically just down and across the road from each other. If I remember correctly, you should be able to see the main crater with the sulphur steam rising on the way to the mud baths (you will definitely smell it!)...if not just ask your driver to drive by it since you are right there!

For a better understanding what the Sulphur Springs volcano and guided tour is all about, feel free to check out my YouTube video of our visit there.

[YOUTUBE]z7MBXklo5L4[/YOUTUBE]

I was honestly going to make the same exact post. I like his website and the sound of his tour, but he's the only one who does not do both places. Top of my list is that mud bath, and I think he does it the way he does so you get sufficient time there. Question is, do we miss much by not seeing the inside of the volcano????

No, you don't. Definitely do the mud bath! My husband and I were the only ones from our tour bus to do the mud bath; everyone else went inside the volcano. Unfortunately we only had about 20 minutes to spend there, but we got some great pics! We really enjoyed this excursion and highly recommend it. One word of caution...ladies, don't wear a white or light colored bathing suit.

I am thinking of doing his Jalhousie Beach Break tour. Post your thoughts on our roll call. I am not a mud bath dipper kind:D

Thanks to those who answered. As it turns out I am not using Spencer but am going with a group from our roll call (Serenity Tours) that is being put together. On this one we have an option of the mud bath, volcano tour or doing the Tet Paul Climb, and I'm going to to the mud bath!

Arzeena, I can't answer to what his beach tour is like but I do hear he is good. However, join our group.....you can do the volcano or Tet Paul instead of the mud bath!:D

We have done the Land and sea tour with Spencer Ambrose 2 times now and the last time we actually just skipped that portion (we were in our own van because we had 7 people) because if you have ever been to Yellowstone Park... you have seen much better volcanic action. Certainly not the kind of Volcano you might see in Hawaii. It is stinky like sulpher in there and really not much to see. We just spent more time at Jalousie beach with the tour. Definitely one of our favorite tours.... we are doing it again in January of 2015 on the Carnival Valor.

If anyone has done Spencer Ambrose's Land, Sea and Beach Adventure, I was hoping for a few details on the speedboat part as in how long are you on the speedboat? Does it go far from land? Sounds silly, but I am sort of skittish about the boat part, yet I really, really want to do this tour if I can.

• 1 month later...
If anyone has done Spencer Ambrose's Land, Sea and Beach Adventure, I was hoping for a few details on the speedboat part as in how long are you on the speedboat? Does it go far from land? Sounds silly, but I am sort of skittish about the boat part, yet I really, really want to do this tour if I can.

We have done his tour several times and going again for another time this January. You are on the boat from after lunch/Jalousie Beach to the end....probably about 1 1/2 - 2 hours at most. It stays close to St. Lucia (land) as it is part of the sight seeing tour and really a fun easy part of the tour (easier to handle than the driving in the van on those curvy hilly roads....LOL). I think you will really enjoy this tour.....nothing to be nervous or afraid of at all!!