What to do in St. Kitts?

seaexplorer11

Just browse through this CC branch before asking a question, which has been answered dozens of times before....

....but having said that. I was there this March alone and will return in December with my parents and I liked the shore excursions "St.Kitts Scenic Railways" so much, that I will probably do it again.

Edited by onyx007

We were recently in St. Kitts near the end of a port intensive cruise and decided to do the Lunch Hour tour with Beulah. It was about 2 hours, $10 fare, and the tour was fantastic!! So if you want a shorter tour that will leave time for shopping or relaxing on board, try this one. Google Buelah Mills St. Kitts and her information will show up. You will not be disappointed.:)

Just browse through this CC branch before asking a question, which has been answered dozens of times before....

....but having said that. I was there this March alone and will return in December with my parents and I liked the shore excursions "St.Kitts Scenic Railways" so much, that I will probably do it again.

Onyx007, is this excursion easy for a person who has trouble walking distance? Is it a bumpy ride?

Sent from my XT1058 using Forums mobile app

Onyx007, is this excursion easy for a person who has trouble walking distance? Is it a bumpy ride?

Sent from my XT1058 using Forums mobile app

Be aware that if you can't climb a narrow, steep, twisting stairway you will not get the good views, in fact you won't get any view at all for most of the train ride. I have personally done this tour several years ago, they do not tell you about the climbing requirements. It caused problems for us as my mom has mobility issues and ended up restricted to the lower level and missed ALL of the scenic views. We also had a gentleman in a wheelchair on that run and his family had to take turns staying with him,

Don't get me wrong, it is a great trip, but only if you can get up to the upper level of the train.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

I am looking to do something on my own, but also am open to trying shore excursions. What are some interesting things to do there? What have you enjoyed?

Thanks!!

check out Thenford Grey - http://www.thenfordgreytours(dot)com

He has a variety of tours, and was the best tour operator we have EVER had. He also has a facebook page. Last time we did the "grand tour" I think it is called. Goes to Caribelle Batik and Brimstone Fortress, among other places. A true gentleman!

I also am looking for a excursion on st kitts. we always do a carnival ship tour but this time i was also thinking of private tour.. In the event that the tour was running late for some unforseen reason are there taxis that could take you to the ship on time? I wanted to do the fort and a beach and have read his trips offer both.. the ship one didnt at this time.. please advise... thanks

• 3 weeks later...
These are the two we have most enjoyed on excursions offered through the ship:

"St. Kitts Catamaran Sail to Nevis"

"St. Kitts Scenic Railway"

LuLu

Another vote for the Cat sail to Nevis. BBQ, Drinks, Empty Beach, Soft Sand, Great!!

Question regarding Caribelle Batik. I have read about the number of items that can be purchased there. But do they sell the Batik fabric by the yards. I sew and would love to have several yards of batik to make dresses.

We were just there, a tourist stop with a small colorful expensive store. It did not seem like wholesale bulk yardage would be an option. A woman similar to below does the waxing before dying demonstration as you walk in. Interesting to see. A simple, yet very colorful, pair of shorts was $50. We saw nothing hanging and drying as pictured below. All items appeared to be made elsewhere (a historical plantation site with a small colorful store)

caribelle_batik_z.jpg

I am going to contact a few of the operators suggested, but does anyone know if snorkeling and also seeing Brimstone Manor is feasible within a 7-5 port day? I was originally going to do the Volcano hike, but think it might be too strenuous for my kids, and I have heard that the snorkeling in St Kitts is amazing. But then I was reading about Brimstone Manor and it seems like something not to be missed. Then there's the rainforest tour...Too much on this island...I am having a hard time choosing!!!

For anyone who has snorkeled, seen Brimstone Manor, done the Volcano hike or the rainforest tour, what did you like/dislike? I am not interested in a train ride at all. Thanks!

I am going to contact a few of the operators suggested, but does anyone know if snorkeling and also seeing Brimstone Manor is feasible within a 7-5 port day? I was originally going to do the Volcano hike, but think it might be too strenuous for my kids, and I have heard that the snorkeling in St Kitts is amazing. But then I was reading about Brimstone Manor and it seems like something not to be missed. Then there's the rainforest tour...Too much on this island...I am having a hard time choosing!!!

For anyone who has snorkeled, seen Brimstone Manor, done the Volcano hike or the rainforest tour, what did you like/dislike? I am not interested in a train ride at all. Thanks!

Brimstone is a fort, the manor is Romney. Both are worth seeing. I snorkeled at Carambola, it wasn't overly impressive. We used Royston Tours and were very satisfied with his tour, and the price.

• 3 months later...