Boarding Baggage ?

Kauaijim

Dumb question I know but this our first cruise on a large ship the Silhouette this Sunday. Since bags will probably be delivered later in the day we are in concierge class,whatever that means. Does it make sense to have a carryon wheelie that would hold iPads etc? or should all bags be checked in. We have done 21 days on Silverseas and 3 Seaborne lenghy trips but like this itinerary so are looking forward to trying a big ship Thank you for any advice

I always take a small wheeled bag for valuables and medications to carry on.. Things like Cameras,

computers, telephones and prescriptions. I also carry a change of clothes in case I spill

something or just want to shower and change, especially if I've flown in. The bigger case

goes to the porters for delivery to the cabin.

Edited by Trainer

We always have a roll aboard that we keep with us with IPads, phones, cameras medicines, cosmetics and a change of clothes. We have normally had our luggage deliver by 4:30. We never put the meds, electronics or toiletries in our checked luggage.

Welcome to Celebrity!

You will find everything happens just about like what you have experienced on your other sailings. Bring a few things in a carry on, and just around half past 1:00 you should be able to deposit it in your cabin, then go on about your exploring.

Dumb question I know but this our first cruise on a large ship the Silhouette this Sunday. Since bags will probably be delivered later in the day we are in concierge class,whatever that means. Does it make sense to have a carryon wheelie that would hold iPads etc? or should all bags be checked in. We have done 21 days on Silverseas and 3 Seaborne lenghy trips but like this itinerary so are looking forward to trying a big ship Thank you for any advice

Don't check anything of value (Ipad), your medications (if any), etc.

You mentioned concierge class "whatever that means."

Concierge is a class of cabins. They're the exact same size as the regular verandah cabins but many of them have perceived better locations. They also have a few extra perks which are questionable in value, but whom many like. The biggest advantage I can see are the extra loyalty points. The perks are pretty much "ok" until you sail enough to get to the elite level and then the perks are actually pretty great. So concierge cabins will get you there faster.

Concierge class does not mean you get special treatment getting on the ship or anything like that. A nicer tote bag, a few little flowers and some afternoon canapés - that's about it. And the points and some premium locations (center aft on S class ships).

I see this is your first post. I encourage you to join your roll call right here --- just a few clicks and you'll be having conversations like this with the people who are on your exact sailing. Great chance to arrange for private excursions and plan activities together.

Have a great cruise!!

I appreciate the response We did not even know this site existed . I went back to check Silerseas and Seaborne to see what people said . Interesting how people can complain about anything. My guess is no matter whether a bargain cruise or seaborne type cruise it is hard to please all. we just plan to enjoy a quiet week and see a few new ports.