Please help me pick

jcool

Have been on both ,it has been a while since I was on the Valor if it has the updates and and new eating places I would go with Valor. One thing that is different about the Valor if you are used to other Carnival ships it is more subdued in it's style and colors.It has a theme of American history and great Americans I found it very nice and a good change from other Carnival ships.

Sunshine will have all the new amenities & eating spots. Just because it has those things, though, doesn't necessarily mean it's better for YOU. Some people would prefer a ship that hasn't been bombarded with all these branded places. It gives the ship more heart.

Sunshine will have a great waterpark with 3 slides (2 of them are identical), while Valor has 1 slide. Sunshine has only 1 pool, Valor has 3. Sunshine has a great adults only serenity area (there is a pool in there, but it's way too small to do anything buy stand there). Valor will have much much much much much better shows in the theater, and Sunshine's theater was shrunk to the point that it can very easily get overpacked. Sunshine has more passengers than Valor, yet it's a smaller ship, which means it would probably be more crowded, and reports support that it is. Sunshine has a ropes course, Valor doesn't. Sunshine has more bars.

For drinking alcohol, daytime eating, adults serenity, & waterslides, Sunshine wins. For evening shows/entertainment, pools, less crowding, and more heart, Valor wins.

Edited by k2excursion

We have been cruising for many years, so now it is not so much about the ship (nearly all are good - just some are a bit better than others) but rather a choice of port, new places to visit during the cruise and cost / value. I would first pick the area of the world to see, then look at all of the ships and the sailings to make a decision. JMHO - your mileage may vary.

Edited by ccxnola

We have been cruising for many years, so now it is not so much about the ship (nearly all are good - just some are a bit better than others) but rather a choice of port, new places to visit during the cruise and cost / value. I would first pick the area of the world to see, then look at all of the ships and the sailings to make a decision. JMHO - your mileage may vary.

Same with us, we choose ports then ships based on cost/value.

Sorry, but we pick port of departure and ports of call more than the ship.

Valor with three ports on a 7 day would not match with Sunshine with 6 ports we have never been to. Ask yourself, what is more important, itinerary or the ship? If the ship is the second choice, then pick the ports you enjoy the most.

Honestly, some people I have met, only cruise for the ship. So they will do the same itinerary 20 times in a row just because that is where the ship goes.

Is it just me or does 20 stops in Cozumel get a bit tiresome? Take a break, try a different ship, different itinerary.

Many different factors should come into your decision such as the port of embarkation and how much it will cost to fly there, as well as the ports you'll be visiting and of course the length of the cruise. If you had specific dates in mind then it would easier to give an educated opinion as to which ship to pick.

And thinks everyone for keep on answering my question

Dadroy

I know what you mean about Cozumel.They need to do other stop as well and for Puerto Rico they need to spend more time in Puerto Rico I love to go up the mountains and get lost.

I'm excited Valor is coming here. It's a "normal" ship with plenty to offer besides big slides, burgers and bars.

Me too! I hated losing "Dream", and REALLY hate losing "Liberty", but "Valor" is an excellent ship, with lots of good stuff going for it. Can't wait to get aboard once again!

"SKY"