Breakaway Spa Pass

janetz

For those of you that have had the pass, did you find it crowded at all? Thanks ahead. :)

Depends on how full the ship is and what the weather is like. I was on Breakaway for a CTN last year, and the spa was ridiculously packed because it was January and cold and people were using it as their substitute for the pool. On my other two Breakaway trips, I didn't spend as much time in the spa, but neither did everyone else, so I never found it overly crowded when I went. I also think it tends to be less crowded after 3 or 4pm.

We just got off the Breakaway on Sunday and had spa passes with our room (a spa balcony). Absolutely loved it! The spa was rarely crowded, except for the last evening. In fact, most of the time we were there, we saw maybe no more than a hand full of people. I think most people were out at the pools. We went to the spa to avoid the pool crowds because there was usually no place to sit. The thermal pool in the spa has very hot water, so takes a little getting used to. Think of trying to get into the cold ocean, but adjusting to hot water, rather than cold. It is very relaxing and peaceful. There is also a hot tub, heated stone loungers (like getting a hot stone massage for your back), moist and dry sauna, salt room and plenty of regular cushioned loungers. The locker rooms are huge and have towels and robes, so you don't need to bring them from your room. If I had to make a choice between the Vibe pass and the spa pass, I would definitely choose the spa.

Thx for the info. What was the salt room like?

It smelled a little like salt air, but not too much. I honestly didn't feel any different after being in there. Someone else who was there at the same time said she didn't think the salt room was working properly. I never was in one before, so I really don't know if that was true.

Spa pass is available to buy before you get on the ship. They have a table in the waiting room. We were just on and it was never crowded. So relaxing. We would leave spice h2o because it was noisy and full and head for spa to relax and enjoy. Only buy if you know you will use it a lot. When we go to Caribbean we won't bother. Not enough sea days to be worth it. We will be too busy. On sea days we even go twice sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
Depends on how full the ship is and what the weather is like. I was on Breakaway for a CTN last year, and the spa was ridiculously packed because it was January and cold and people were using it as their substitute for the pool. On my other two Breakaway trips, I didn't spend as much time in the spa, but neither did everyone else, so I never found it overly crowded when I went. I also think it tends to be less crowded after 3 or 4pm.

I'm on the Breakaway in November 8 and was considering getting a spa pass. Does the spa area have a pool that you can actually swim in? Is this what they are calling a thermal pool? Is thermal pool like a hot tub but only bigger?

We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the spa on the Breakaway. We were on the first week in June and rarely found it crowded, but then again, the weather was GORGEOUS and the outdoor pools were very crowded. So, I think most people were outside enjoying the sun. I imagine in colder months or inclement weather the opposite would be true.

As for the Thermal Pool, YES you can swim in it. I never saw anyone doing laps or anything like that, but you can definitely paddle along with plenty of room. The pool has a circuit of jets along the sides that you can stand and have the jets beat against your body. The back wall has a set of steel bars designed to contour to your body so you can lay down and relax as the jets massage you. The water is very warm... not hot... but like getting into a nice warm bath at home. I found the pool to be much warmer than the outdoor hot tubs.

I, personally, really enjoyed the salt room. I didn't taste any salt, nor smell any salt. The way it was explained to us by the spa attendant was that all the other areas of the thermal suite (saunas, steam room, saunarium, tile loungers, pool) are designed to heat your core body temperature up. The salt room is kept in the low 70 degree fahrenheit range, so it is recommended that you relax in the salt room after a thermal treatment to bring your body temperature back down gradually. The salt that is pumped into the air is supposed to act as a microbial that cleanses your respiratory system. I don't know if that actually was true or not, but the nicely cooled room with the spa music pumped in (which is hard to hear in the main thermal suite area due to the pool waterfall and jets) was wonderful to relax in.

We seemed to get into a routine with the circuit. We would first do the pool and get nicely beat up in the water jets. Then we would head into one of the thermal rooms (sauna, saunarium, steam room) for about 15 minutes. Then cool back down in the salt room. And then finalize the relaxation on the stone loungers for a good half hour (usually falling asleep). It was HEAVEN.

I have been going through SERIOUS thermal suite withdrawals since arriving back home. I work a stressful job and found relaxing an hour or two every day in the spa was heaven on my body. I came home so refreshed. If there was someplace like it near my home I would buy a year's pass in a heartbeat.

Edited by Kenlorz

We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the spa on the Breakaway. We were on the first week in June and rarely found it crowded, but then again, the weather was GORGEOUS and the outdoor pools were very crowded. So, I think most people were outside enjoying the sun. I imagine in colder months or inclement weather the opposite would be true.

As for the Thermal Pool, YES you can swim in it. I never saw anyone doing laps or anything like that, but you can definitely paddle along with plenty of room. The pool has a circuit of jets along the sides that you can stand and have the jets beat against your body. The back wall has a set of steel bars designed to contour to your body so you can lay down and relax as the jets massage you. The water is very warm... not hot... but like getting into a nice warm bath at home. I found the pool to be much warmer than the outdoor hot tubs.

I, personally, really enjoyed the salt room. I didn't taste any salt, nor smell any salt. The way it was explained to us by the spa attendant was that all the other areas of the thermal suite (saunas, steam room, saunarium, tile loungers, pool) are designed to heat your core body temperature up. The salt room is kept in the low 70 degree fahrenheit range, so it is recommended that you relax in the salt room after a thermal treatment to bring your body temperature back down gradually. The salt that is pumped into the air is supposed to act as a microbial that cleanses your respiratory system. I don't know if that actually was true or not, but the nicely cooled room with the spa music pumped in (which is hard to hear in the main thermal suite area due to the pool waterfall and jets) was wonderful to relax in.

We seemed to get into a routine with the circuit. We would first do the pool and get nicely beat up in the water jets. Then we would head into one of the thermal rooms (sauna, saunarium, steam room) for about 15 minutes. Then cool back down in the salt room. And then finalize the relaxation on the stone loungers for a good half hour (usually falling asleep). It was HEAVEN.

I have been going through SERIOUS thermal suite withdrawals since arriving back home. I work a stressful job and found relaxing an hour or two every day in the spa was heaven on my body. I came home so refreshed. If there was someplace like it near my home I would buy a year's pass in a heartbeat.

What a terrific indepth review of the spa. There is no doubt now about me getting a pass. You have given me the best info so far and I thank you. We'll have 3 sea days on the Fl/Bahamas itinerary so the weather could be cool coming & going out of NY in November. This solves that problem.

We upgraded to a spa balcony on the Breakaway last November. The spa is very relaxing & we never found it very crowded in the AM. I would go to the morning stretch or do some treadmill or bike then head for the spa. The thermal pool, heated loungers, the ice waters & tea available were a great way to start the day. I loved the waterfall in the pool & the rain shower.

What a great spa review. We did the spa on the Regal Princess which had all the same amenities, but did not know the order of things. We have pre booked it online for our cruise in September. Can't wait! :)

Edited by janetz