What to do???

jayjay94

Last time we were in Montego Bay, Jamaica we spend the day at Doctor's Cave Beach which was crowded but nice. On Grand Cayman we took the tour to stingray city and starfish point with Acquarius tours. We then spent a little time on 7 Mile Beach just looking around.

In Jamaica, visit Mystic Mountain and do either the Jamaican bobsled ride and/or zip lining. Heck, we did both once and made for a fun filled day. The chair lift up the mountain is quite nice too and the views once at the top of the mountain overlooking the port in Ocho Rios are stunning.

Can you guys recommend things to do or places to visit in Jamaica and Grand Cayman?

YES!! We did the Bobsled, Dunns River Falls, and lunch excursion last year. First, you take a chairlift up to Mystic Mountain, ride the Jamaican bobsled down the mountain and then are taken back up the mountain by a cable, eat a delicious jerk chicken lunch at the top of the mountain, ride the chairlift back down, and then get on a bus and drive to Dunn's River Falls to climb up the waterfalls. It was a fabulous excursion and we thoroughly enjoyed it! It is a bit pricey, but it is action packed and includes lunch and incredible views and picture taking opportunities!

In Jamaica we bought a day pass to sunscape splash resort thats included transportation but it was really close and if you wanted you could walk it if your docking in mobay. We would go back in a heartbeat, really nice with great service, food and drinks. The two times we have been to grand cayman first we did a beach day at royal palms the second time we bought an excursion onboard. It was called grand cayman by land and sea, enjoyed both days but next time we go back we will do sting ray city. The excursion took you to hell, the turtle farm, rum cake place and then we went on the semi submerged boat that took you around to see the fish, two ship wrecks and reefs.

In Cayman we did a Turtle Farm and Hell tour with Captain Marvin's. They were good and we had time to roam around town as well.

Our policy for Jamaica is to stay on the ship. Sorry, though it's a beautiful place, we despise the island.

Can you guys recommend things to do or places to visit in Jamaica and Grand Cayman?

In Grand Cayman, you should swim with the Sting Rays. I was scared to death, but they calmed my fears and we got some amazing photos. I am pretty sure that we used Jim with Trippin Out. We swam with the sting rays, snorkeled over a reef, and then sailed to a private beach and had lunch. All was included in the price and we got to order anything off the menu that we wanted for lunch.

We just did the Chair lift at Mystic Mountain in Jamaica and it was awesome!. Be warned though it was a two hour van ride to get there from the port. I could do without Dunn's river falls. I would not try to make Mystic Mountain outside a Carnival excursion though, we left as soon as the boat docked and barely made it back before it sailed.

In Grand Cayman, we had an amazing beginner scuba dive right within site of the port at Don Foster's Dive shop. They also offer amazing snorkeling and you can literally see it from the boat. Do not bother with the Carnival excursion price I paid though. It is a two minute walk from the port and shore snorkeling is $15 a person for gear rental. It was the clearest water I have ever seen outside a pool.

Jamaica - check out Braco Adventure Tours if your ship is docking at Montego Bay or Falmouth. We're going on one of their excursions (they have several different tours available).

Grand Cayman - if you're interested in scuba, this is a great place to do it. There are Scuba Discovery excursions as well as excursions for certified divers. When we were checking prices, we found Carnival's price was only $3-4 more than the prices of independent operators for the type of excursion we were interested in. Since Grand Cayman is a tender port, we booked through Carnival, giving us the added benefit of tender priority (we don't have FTTF). If you want to shore snorkel only, I agree with the above poster - don't book a Carnival excursion but just rent snorkel equipment yourself. There are places within walking distance of the tender pier for snorkel equipment rental and snorkeling.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

Edited by SiraJoy
additional comment

We just did the Chair lift at Mystic Mountain in Jamaica and it was awesome!. Be warned though it was a two hour van ride to get there from the port. I could do without Dunn's river falls. I would not try to make Mystic Mountain outside a Carnival excursion though, we left as soon as the boat docked and barely made it back before it sailed.

In Grand Cayman, we had an amazing beginner scuba dive right within site of the port at Don Foster's Dive shop. They also offer amazing snorkeling and you can literally see it from the boat. Do not bother with the Carnival excursion price I paid though. It is a two minute walk from the port and shore snorkeling is $15 a person for gear rental. It was the clearest water I have ever seen outside a pool.

Depends on which port in Jamaica. I've only ever docked in Ocho Rios, which is mere minutes away from Mystic Mountain. In fact, you can literally see the ship docked once you are up there.