MSC MDR Questions

lifeasme123

I am confused. We have (2) bookings with MSC and confused by the dining time. This is what we have for each of our cruise:

1. MSC Meraviglia in June 2017 - First Dining

2. MSC Seaside in Jan 2018 - Classic early Dining

What is the difference between First Dining vs Classic Early Dining? Is this different from Flex Dining?

Also, I am more confused as I read through CC about water in MDR. Is water, tea and/or coffee free in the MDR? I read that I need to buy vouchers to get water in MDR?

If you are sailing from the US, water in the MDR is free (not bottled). In Europe it is not.

First seating or Classic early dining is fixed seating traditional dining. Flex dining is currently only available with the Aurea experience, and is not as flexible as you may wish. EM

Flexi dining will be available for Fantastica experience bookings to choose on the new ships.

Here are links to the various dining arrangements. The first is for Seaside and the second for Meraviglia:

http://cdn.msccruises-platform.com/msc/press//media/press-materials/attachments/msc-seaside-dining-factsheet_2.pdf

http://cdn.msccruises-platform.com/msc/press//media/press-materials/attachments/meraviglia-dining-factsheet_2.pdf

For both cruises (10 passengers on Meragvilia, 12 passengers on Seaside), we have a mix of cabins: Inside, Oceanview and Balcony - Bella and Fantastica. Looks like all the cabins have the same dinner seating.

Meraviglia in June 2017 will be our first MSC Cruise. It sounds like we will need to buy the vouchers for the bottled water for dinner. This is ok, just need to be prepared.

For Seaside, we are used to the tap water that they serve in MDR on Royal Caribbean - so that is not an issue.

Is regular or decaf coffee or tea offer free in the MDR? I am not talking about the fancy coffees like espresso, latte, etc. Do I need to purchase vouchers for that as well?

Finally, when we cruise on Royal or Princess, we would bring our Nalgene or Contigo water bottles to refill and drink throughout the ship. At times I have brought it into the MDR - simply because I drink a lot of water and it can take a while to get a server to get me water. Will this be ok on MSC, or will I look like a tacky American? :)

Is regular or decaf coffee or tea offer free in the MDR? I am not talking about the fancy coffees like espresso, latte, etc. Do I need to purchase vouchers for that as well?

I would like to know this also. I usually like to have a regular coffee with my desert if were not pressed for ime to get to a show. I was surprised that MSC doesnt offer iced tea or milk for free in the MDR...what do people with little kids do?

• 1 month later...
Following. I thought I read somewhere that if you were from the U.S. And sailing in the Mediterranean, the bottled water was free in MDR. So confused. Lol

I believe those from the US get free vouchers for bottled water.

Coffee is only served in the MDR at breakfast in the Med. It's available 24/7 for free in the buffet - otherwise you pay for it at any of the bars.

Edited by Beamafar

Why free vouchers for US guests?

Because Americans made it very clear that they were less than happy that tap water wasn't served in the MDR and MSC is going all out to build their profile in the US so they build the cost of bottled water into the fares rather than have unhappy American guests onboard, then let them think they're getting 'free' vouchers!