Sette Mari Question

kmcqueen

On the Voyger Cape Town to Singapore, no they did not use the outside tables. Very disappointed. I wish this area was operated like Oceania has it. Relaxed and you can be inside or out.

This arrangement on Regent with Sette Mare is a real deal changer for us, so we are back on Ocenia. The Terrace on O is fabulous.

On the Voyger Cape Town to Singapore, no they did not use the outside tables. Very disappointed. I wish this area was operated like Oceania has it. Relaxed and you can be inside or out.

This arrangement on Regent with Sette Mare is a real deal changer for us, so we are back on Ocenia. The Terrace on O is fabulous.

Really an interesting post. We prefer to dine inside so that is not an issue. What is an issue for us is the food in the Terrace Café. I understand that most people love it and that we are the minority. We would prefer to dine anywhere on Oceania than in the Terrace Café (I went into detail on this point during our recent cruise on the Riviera). Another example of just how subjective food is:-)

We have never dined at Sette Mari on the Navigator, but does anyone know if they ever use the outside tables for dinner (assuming the ship is in port and the weather is compatible)?

Thanks,

Kent

On our recent Amazon cruise the outside tables were made available about one-quarter of the time. It was either too windy or too hot or too whatever. In any case, there are only eight tables outside--six four-tops and two two-tops, so when the outside area is open, they fill up fast.

Very disappointing, just like the outside seating on the deck above on the stern outside the lounge. Just twenty places to sit--ten of them smoking. Very little outside seating on Navigator other than the pool area, where you're separated from the ocean by the glass surround.

If the weather is good outside seating is usually available both at sea or in port.

J

Thanks, JMARINER. Hopefully that will be the case on our upcoming cruise. Since we are from Canada (and it is a tad chilly at this time of year), we are constantly amazed at how few people want to eat outside. Sometimes I think everyone else must think we are those "crazy Canadians" eating outside. I guess our judgement about the weather is not in line with the majority. I remember being in Bermuda in early April (on a previous Navigator cruise) - my wife and I were wearing t-shirts and shorts and many of the locals were wearing what appeared to be down-filled winter coats!

Spindrift, I am very confused by your statement. We too were on that cruise and dined almost every night at Sette Mare outside. Danilo and Roberta were the servers with Catalin the Maítre D. Some nights there were only a couple of people dining outside due to heat or perceived wind issues. We found it utterly delightful. From the Singapore to Hong Kong segment it was only open about 60% due to the weather getting colder. On our last night out of Ha Long Bay we were the only ones to dine outside as we left the bay during a full moon. It was one of our most memorable, magical experiences. We couldn't believe no one else choose to be outside.

WE much prefer eating inside on a cruise but outside while camping unless it's raining! Nowadays we usually are cruising and not camping.

Different strokes for different folks! Choice is GOOD!

Thanks, JMARINER. Hopefully that will be the case on our upcoming cruise. Since we are from Canada (and it is a tad chilly at this time of year), we are constantly amazed at how few people want to eat outside. Sometimes I think everyone else must think we are those "crazy Canadians" eating outside. I guess our judgement about the weather is not in line with the majority. I remember being in Bermuda in early April (on a previous Navigator cruise) - my wife and I were wearing t-shirts and shorts and many of the locals were wearing what appeared to be down-filled winter coats!

We always eat outside.On our week long cruise on Navigator in the Caribbean,we ate outside Sette Mari every night bar one.We do not like sitting inside with air conditioning. We weren't too happy with Navigator and being able to sit outside in the evening helped our mood.But....you have to,sadly,race to get there as soon as the restaurant opens.A real pain.As said earlier,there are very few tables outside...

Magooatsea, we went to Sette Mare 4 times as I recall, and we were told that the outside area was not open for service. Guess it was just the luck of the draw.

Anyway, loved Regent, but we like O's arrangement for meals. I think my choice of lines would depend on the itinerary really. ;)