Couples Cabana Massage vs Couples Full body Massage

mobsterdon

My wife is wanting to do a couples massage but we weren't sure what the difference between a Couples Cabana Massage vs the Couple Full body massage is except for the one is in a Cabana on the ship somewhere. Has anyone done one of these that can help us out on this? and is it worth it? Thank you.

My friends did the Cabana massage and LOVED it! They said you have the side by side massage, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of champagne, so it has a lot of added value. I asked the spa personnel about the difference between the 2 massages, and they said it's the same; you just decide if you want it done in a cabana or inside.

• 2 years later...

We have done both numerous times on various ships. Only difference is the location - either indoors in a regular massage room within the spa or outside in the cabanas usually part of the Sanctuary. Same price. Never received champagne or strawberries - I would definitely have remembered that!

Please define "full body" massage. I'm not being snarky or making an out of line comment. I really want to know what is meant by that term.

Can one get an "upper body" massage onboard? (That sounds more like what I might want.) A relaxing massage from tailbone to the top of the head sounds wonderful.

I believe the spa has a "menu" of massages and the varying rates. If you cannot find one that fits you exactly, you can ask for a full body but when you meet with your therapist, tell her you only want scalp, neck, shoulders, back, etc. You will be charged for a full body but more time will simply be spent on the areas you prefer, usually the back and shoulders. You will be fully covered except for the area that is being worked on.

I would chose a private room over a cabana if you want to guarantee a quite space with no drafts or distractions. You may think you will want to chat with your mate but once the hands begin on your body, and the bliss takes over, you will not want to be talking. Perhaps I am only speaking for myself and how I enjoy mine. My husband and I are not even aware we are in the same room. :D