best way ro get visas for Kenya and Tanzania

kathy16

We will be taking a land trip to both in September, as well as a side trip to Cape Town.

Is a visa service the best way to do this? How far in advance? I don't want to wait until the last minute, and get them on site. We are so excited about this upcoming trip!

Thanks,

Kathy

I used a visa service, A Briggs ( http://www.abriggs.com/ ) to get my visa for Tanzania. You can go to one of their offices, or apply online (which is what i did). Fast turnaround - took them just a few days to get my visa and a new passport. If you opt for online, follow their instructions carefully.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am Australian but recently returned from a tour around East Africa with a lot of different nationalities and most of us paid at the Border with no problems. $50 US currency (they don't accept US notes issued prior to a certain year but a man got caught with one of these notes and it was refused, can't remember the year) in Tanzania and $50 for Kenya unless you are staying for 2 nights or less then it is $25. Just have your Yellow Fever vaccination card handy as well. Our adventure truck travelled though South Africa, Botswana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Kenya without any problems at the Border except for a lovely young South Korean man who was detained and even though he had prepaid his visas at a couple of border crossings they made him pay again.

Regards Elaine.

• 2 months later...

first, be very careful using a credit card. We were scammed with several charges to "Fast jet"

Not certain where the cc number was stolen, so just use cash is my advice. Dollars are accepted.

Obtain visa at the airport when you arrive. Will need a clean, crisp 100 bill for each person. Very easy and fast.

• 1 month later...

We did a safari in Kenya and Tanzania this summer and used Travisa visa services for our visas. Used them previously for India and China and were pleased each time. Very professional and prompt, and worth paying the extra money for their services rather than trying to do it yourself, in my opinion. It took a little longer for them to get visas for two countries, but we still had everything back within two weeks of sending it in. You can find their website and it may seem a little confusing at first, but it is not too bad to use once you figure it out. If you have questions, call them and they are always very helpful.