On-board exchange rates

jantoby

Hotels and ships tend to view this as a profit center not a service :)

I usually find the best rates are from using an ATM ashore, but check with your bank to see if you need to give them any notice of where you will be using your card.

Also consider if you will really need any local currency.

If you intend to go off on your own then of course it makes sense.

If you are staying with one of the ships tours you will probably find they will take you to shops where Euro or USD are accepted.

Exchange rates will not be that good though.

We were there a couple of years ago and I don't recall using any local currency at all.

I got really good rates from the company stated on the Fred O website. Cityforex. You buy from them with a debit card and they deliver the currency to the ship. If you have any left, they can be sold back on board at the same rate of exchange. I got all my Euros and Dirhams from them. Excellent service.

I got really good rates from the company stated on the Fred O website. Cityforex. You buy from them with a debit card and they deliver the currency to the ship. If you have any left, they can be sold back on board at the same rate of exchange. I got all my Euros and Dirhams from them. Excellent service.

Thanks, everyone. Jean, I've just looked on to F.O. site and Cityforex does look promising. I don't anticipate needing much but I'm seeing the town on my own as I don't do ship's tours, and will need some to pay for the Hassan II Mosque official guided visit. Thanks for the tip.

... and will need some to pay for the Hassan II Mosque official guided visit. Thanks for the tip.

We were there just after the building was finished and before it entered use as a mosque, you'll find it an interesting visit I'm sure.

Yes, the Hassan11 mosque is definitely worth a visit.:)

I've ordered Dirhams via City Forex as they'll buy back any unused ones at the same rate I bought them for, which is a very good deal.

Will definitely go to the Mosque in time to be able to do a tour.

Archived