Another dining room attire question

miss

My question has probably been asked and answered many times but I have been unable to find it.

On embarkation night we will be arriving at the ship from the land portion of our trip late in the afternoon. I was wondering if we would be OK in the dining room in the clothes that we arrived in or if we should plan to change before dinner.

I am guessing that we will probably have to fit a muster in there somewhere and just want to be proper in the easiest way possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

My question has probably been asked and answered many times but I have been unable to find it.

On embarkation night we will be arriving at the ship from the land portion of our trip late in the afternoon. I was wondering if we would be OK in the dining room in the clothes that we arrived in or if we should plan to change before dinner.

I am guessing that we will probably have to fit a muster in there somewhere and just want to be proper in the easiest way possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

It would help if you would state which ship.

Also, you'll probably get more relevant answers if you post this on the sub-forum for the particular cruise line you are using.

There can be very different norms on different cruise lines.

A quick search of OP's previous posts says they are on Coral Princess at the end of July.

The first night of the cruise is usually more casual for the exact reason you mention - people are checking in and their luggage may not have arrived as of dinner time. If you feel more comfortable doing so, you can slip a change of clothes into your carry-on and go to dinner. Our experience is that Princess tends to get the luggage distributed quickly; both times our bags were waiting for us in-cabin, so there is hope.

Enjoy yourselves. :)

We're sailing on the Coral next year, southbound after a 5 day land portion. For us the train isn't scheduled to arrive in Whittier until 6:30 pm, sail away is 8:30 pm. I imagine the muster drill will be soon after we get on board. From what I have read, dinner that first night will be open seating. (Although I have also read we will get a card while on the train giving us an assigned dinner time for that night only.) I am not planning on changing outfits because I do not think there will be time. Besides, according to the Princess website, jeans are OK in the dining room on casual nights as long as they don't have holes. And none of my jeans have holes! (If I show up in torn jeans you'll know I've been attacked by a bear!)

We're sailing on the Coral next year, southbound after a 5 day land portion. For us the train isn't scheduled to arrive in Whittier until 6:30 pm, sail away is 8:30 pm. I imagine the muster drill will be soon after we get on board. From what I have read, dinner that first night will be open seating. (Although I have also read we will get a card while on the train giving us an assigned dinner time for that night only.) I am not planning on changing outfits because I do not think there will be time. Besides, according to the Princess website, jeans are OK in the dining room on casual nights as long as they don't have holes. And none of my jeans have holes! (If I show up in torn jeans you'll know I've been attacked by a bear!)

Most cruise lines are flexible on the first night regarding dress codes.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app