Audio Books

LynnAB

Karen,

I just finished listening to Dog On It, by Spencer Quinn. I really liked it. Thank you so much for the recommendation of the three books!!!

Lynn

I'm glad you liked it, I thought he did a pretty good job of presenting the thought process of a dog, at least my dogs are somewhat like that.

Jim

You really should put those Spencer Quinn mysteries that Karen recommended on your TBR or TBLT (to be listened to) list. I'm now part way through the second one, Thereby Hangs A Tail. I love this series! Since you're a dog lover, too, I feel you'd really enjoy them.

Lynn

Edited by LynnAB

Jim

You really should put those Spencer Quinn mysteries that Karen recommended on your TBR or TBLT (to be listened to) list. I'm now part way through the second one, Thereby Hangs A Tail. I love this series! Since you're a dog lover, too, I feel you'd really enjoy them.

Lynn

Going to get some more today. Will def. look for them. Just finished the new Grisham book, The Confession. Loved it.

I'm part way through the third and final (that I know of so far) Bernie and Chet mystery by Spencer Quinn, To Fetch a Thief. Fun, fun, fun books if you're a major dog lover like I am.

Karen, if you have any more recommendations for light mysteries like these, I'd love to hear them!

Have a great Monday, everyone.

I'm part way through the third and final (that I know of so far) Bernie and Chet mystery by Spencer Quinn, To Fetch a Thief. Fun, fun, fun books if you're a major dog lover like I am.

Karen, if you have any more recommendations for light mysteries like these, I'd love to hear them!

Have a great Monday, everyone.

I finished the third book, just couldn't wait for the cruise LOL. Jill Churchill writes a couple of series, am slowly making my through her Jane Jeffery's series. It starts with Grime and Punishment, then continues with A Farewell to Yarns and so on a so forth. I also like Chralaine Harris's Aroura Teagarden Mysteries.

I finished the third book, just couldn't wait for the cruise LOL. Jill Churchill writes a couple of series, am slowly making my through her Jane Jeffery's series. It starts with Grime and Punishment, then continues with A Farewell to Yarns and so on a so forth. I also like Chralaine Harris's Aroura Teagarden Mysteries.

Hi, Karen,

I haven't ready any of Jill Churchill's books recently, but I read quite a few of them in the past. I'm not seeing ANY of them on CD at my library. Oh, well.

How are the Aurora Teagarden books? Are they still in the "cozy" category?

Hi, Karen,

I haven't ready any of Jill Churchill's books recently, but I read quite a few of them in the past. I'm not seeing ANY of them on CD at my library. Oh, well.

How are the Aurora Teagarden books? Are they still in the "cozy" category?

The Aurora Teagarden series is straight mystery, nothing paranormal. I really enjoyed the two I've read. The first book is "Real Murders" See below:D

"Though a small town at heart, Lawrenceton, Georgia, has its dark side-and crime buffs. One of whom is librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden, a member of the Real Murders Club, which meets once a month to analyze famous cases. It's a harmless pastime-until the night she finds a member killed in a manner that eerily resembles the crime the club was about to discuss."

• 3 weeks later...
The Aurora Teagarden series is straight mystery, nothing paranormal. I really enjoyed the two I've read. The first book is "Real Murders" See below:D

"Though a small town at heart, Lawrenceton, Georgia, has its dark side-and crime buffs. One of whom is librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden, a member of the Real Murders Club, which meets once a month to analyze famous cases. It's a harmless pastime-until the night she finds a member killed in a manner that eerily resembles the crime the club was about to discuss."

I'll have to check those out, Karen. Thanks!

I'm listening to a book that I'm loving now called Juliet. I used to be a real Romeo and Juliet fanatic many years ago. Juliet is great because it goes back and forth between the present and past and ties in part of the R&J legend with the character's present life. I'm loving this book, and Cassandra Campbell is the narrator. She is soooooo goood.

• 2 weeks later...
Lynn, If I may recomend an Audio Book I will put forward -- The Ruins. -- In my line of work I have a lot of time so I listen to Books. This is one Book that I could not put down. 10 out of 10

Thank you soooooooooo much for the recommendation. Please feel free to recommend books or jump in ANYTIME.

I'm off to check out The Ruins!

Lynn

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

So sorry if this is a question that has already been asked but can you tell me what is the best site for downloading audiobooks? I am going to try to download them to my blackberry so that i have everything in one place for the trip. I also would like to use for workouts too!

Hello everyone!

So sorry if this is a question that has already been asked but can you tell me what is the best site for downloading audiobooks? I am going to try to download them to my blackberry so that i have everything in one place for the trip. I also would like to use for workouts too!

I know Audible.com is very popular. I used to subscribe a few years ago and liked it. There is also Recordedbooks.com and Booksontape.com...and probably many other sites as well.

I don't put audiobooks on a BlackBerry so I'm not positive about doing that. Maybe someone else can jump in on this one.

What do you mean also for workouts? Music or speech?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I have a question maybe someone here can help me with. I tried to copy a audio book on cd to a MP3 player using Windows media player. I could rip the book fine, but when I synced tomy MP3 player (Sanza) it appears backword (last CD to first and last tract to first) which makes listening a real chore. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or a way to correct this?

Jim

OK, so I have a question maybe someone here can help me with. I tried to copy a audio book on cd to a MP3 player using Windows media player. I could rip the book fine, but when I synced tomy MP3 player (Sanza) it appears backword (last CD to first and last tract to first) which makes listening a real chore. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or a way to correct this?

Jim

Hi, Jim,

IF I understand what you're asking, you may have to rename the tracks so they will come up in order. Are all the tracks a backwards problem? I've generally only had that happen with high numbers like "10" coming up at the beginning.

Hi, Jim,

IF I understand what you're asking, you may have to rename the tracks so they will come up in order. Are all the tracks a backwards problem? I've generally only had that happen with high numbers like "10" coming up at the beginning.

It is kind of weird.... It is everything. When I look at WMP and see what I ripped, it is fine... example: disk one and under that tracks 1-20, disk two same etc, etc.

When I sync it to my MP3 player, it is like a mirror image Disk 5 is first then 4 .... and same for tracks 120..119...118...117 etc. So when you want to play the books, I click track 1 of disk 1 and at the end it stops (or moves to the next book). If I clicked track 2, it would play two then play 1, then stops... I must be doing something wrong:(

How r u doing? Have not talked in a while. Been oh so busy here..:eek: Had our 5th grandchild in FEbruary, finally got a boy (YEAH:p). Going on a cruise 4/16. Need the vacation...

Whats new with you?

• 4 years later...
How r u doing? Have not talked in a while. Been oh so busy here..:eek: Had our 5th grandchild in FEbruary, finally got a boy (YEAH:p). Going on a cruise 4/16. Need the vacation...

Whats new with you?

Hi, Jim,

Wow. We haven't "talked" on here in AGES.

How are you doing?

Are you still listening to audiobooks? I'd like to hear your recommendations again :)