Audio Books

LynnAB

Wow, has this blog slowed down. I can't remember when it had dropped off the first page.

Anyway I just finished listening to a new author audio book. The author is Arthur Phillips and the book "the song is you". I enjoyed it. Kind of like a brief John Irving book/writer. Anything new on everyone else''s list?

Wow, has this blog slowed down. I can't remember when it had dropped off the first page.

Anyway I just finished listening to a new author audio book. The author is Arthur Phillips and the book "the song is you". I enjoyed it. Kind of like a brief John Irving book/writer. Anything new on everyone else''s list?

Hi, Jim,

I know. We have to get this active again.

I never heard of Arthur Phillips. Nice! A "new" author I'll have to check out. Thanks for the recommendation.

For some reason I've been staying with light reads lately. I think that's because I've gotten really busy at work and just read a lot of fluffy books that don't require a lot of thought at night.

Hi, Jim,

I know. We have to get this active again.

I never heard of Arthur Phillips. Nice! A "new" author I'll have to check out. Thanks for the recommendation.

For some reason I've been staying with light reads lately. I think that's because I've gotten really busy at work and just read a lot of fluffy books that don't require a lot of thought at night.

Started a little heavy but it is good. He is a pretty young guy so I am not sure if it is his first book.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally have a recommendation <g>. I read all five of the Percy Jackson books on my Kindle over he past few weeks (starting with The Lightning Thief. They are categorized as young adult fantasy, but I loved them!!! What fun to read a totally different genre for me. I highly recommend them. They were recommended to me by two adult friends of mine <g>.

Lynn

I finally have a recommendation <g>. I read all five of the Percy Jackson books on my Kindle over he past few weeks (starting with The Lightning Thief. They are categorized as young adult fantasy, but I loved them!!! What fun to read a totally different genre for me. I highly recommend them. They were recommended to me by two adult friends of mine <g>.

Lynn

Hey Lynn, how are you? I will add Percy Jackson to my must read list. Been busy here.

Been trying to find the new John Irving book in audio, but unsuccessful so far.:( Oh one more thing....I am jones-ing for a cruise!

Me, too, re cruising <g>. We actually booked a 3-nighter for November on Majesty for our 27th anniversary, but I'm hoping, hoping, hoping to do a one-week cruise in either May or December. Crusing is definite our favorite way to vacation.

How is your eReader??? Having fun with it???

Me, too, re cruising <g>. We actually booked a 3-nighter for November on Majesty for our 27th anniversary, but I'm hoping, hoping, hoping to do a one-week cruise in either May or December. Crusing is definite our favorite way to vacation.

How is your eReader??? Having fun with it???

I am, but it seems the only real time I can spend with it is when we (or I for business) travel. Sigh....too busy:o

I am, but it seems the only real time I can spend with it is when we (or I for business) travel. Sigh....too busy:o

Well, at least you've got your audio books. That's stil reading, and that's what's important. Books are the best escape (other than cruising, of course).icon7.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Just listened to a new author. James Lee Burke. The book was Rain Gods. Very good. How is everyone doing?

Sounds good, Jim. I've heard of that author but don't know anything about him.

BTW, Jim, please check out my profile and sites when you get a chance <g>.

Sounds good, Jim. I've heard of that author but don't know anything about him.

BTW, Jim, please check out my profile and sites when you get a chance <g>.

Author!!!!! Congrats!!!:) Great for you. I know it has been a dream and you attempted to get a book done before. I am sooooo happy for you

Author!!!!! Congrats!!!:) Great for you. I know it has been a dream and you attempted to get a book done before. I am sooooo happy for you

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much, Jim. Yes, writing has always been my dream. I just semed to get bogged down with life and problems so many times, as you know. This time I was determined to make it happen. It's a light category romance (my style, right?) and fun.

Your comments on my blog were sooooooooooooooooooo nice, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll respond there more appropriately, but I just got home from loooonnnngggg depos today and have to breathe and calm down a bit first <g>.

Oh. Audiobook discussion? Right! I am almost at the end of Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher. It's a very NICE book ... not any significant action but definitely a woman's book to savor. I like it! It's great for my stressful rides to and from work.

Have a great weekend!!!

Lynn

Congratulations Lynn!! I'm so happy for you, I know it's just the start.

Audio books, wow I've gone through so many of them since I last posted here. Right now I am listening to Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark I'm about half way through and I'm not sure where it's going. I've also been stumbling through M.C. Beatons Agatha Raisin series they nearly had the whole series at our library.

We have a new cruise booked with a bunch of the MonkeyHeads for next Feb. out of San Diego on the Carnival Spirit. We are all counting the days some of us are even counting the hours. LOL

Congratulations Lynn!! I'm so happy for you, I know it's just the start.

Audio books, wow I've gone through so many of them since I last posted here. Right now I am listening to Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark I'm about half way through and I'm not sure where it's going. I've also been stumbling through M.C. Beatons Agatha Raisin series they nearly had the whole series at our library.

We have a new cruise booked with a bunch of the MonkeyHeads for next Feb. out of San Diego on the Carnival Spirit. We are all counting the days some of us are even counting the hours. LOL

Thank you sooooo much. I'm finally combining my love of writing with my passion for cruising.

Oh, I listened to all the Agatha Raisin series, too. I had my ups and downs because a lot of them seemed pretty much the same to me, but somehow I wanted to listen to them all anyway. They were good for driving in the car and listening to.

I'm glad to see you here. I thought you left our board and have missed you.

Thank you sooooo much. I'm finally combining my love of writing with my passion for cruising.

Oh, I listened to all the Agatha Raisin series, too. I had my ups and downs because a lot of them seemed pretty much the same to me, but somehow I wanted to listen to them all anyway. They were good for driving in the car and listening to.

I'm glad to see you here. I thought you left our board and have missed you.

Oh I've been lurking, just haven't piped up.

I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy the Agatha Raisin series at first, she really wasn't a likable character but she is growing on me. I like books because they're short and simple, a nice escape after a long read or should I say "hear". Kinda like sorbet between courses.:) After listening to Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell I needed something light before heading into and Echo In The Bone.

Oh I've been lurking, just haven't piped up.

I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy the Agatha Raisin series at first, she really wasn't a likable character but she is growing on me. I like books because they're short and simple, a nice escape after a long read or should I say "hear". Kinda like sorbet between courses.:) After listening to Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell I needed something light before heading into and Echo In The Bone.

That's exactly how I felt about Agatha Raisin. Each day when I would get in my car, I knew what to expect and how Agatha would act. No, she wasn't the most likeable character, but apparently I was interested enough to be drawn into each new bok. There is definitely something to be said about a simple book. Somtimes I'm just in that mood and want something happy and short.

Good morning, Jim,

Please go to my other site and stir up some activity <g>. I started an audiobook thread. You're good at getting discussions going.

I had a few minutes yesterday to try and do that. Will continue more tomorrow. Currently in your fair state for vacation this week.

I had a few minutes yesterday to try and do that. Will continue more tomorrow. Currently in your fair state for vacation this week.

Oh, how nice. Are you cruising? What ship??????? Disney World???? Whatever fun stuff you're doing, I think I'm envious. We're trying to get a cruise for sometime in May, if possible. If not, we'll probably go to Disney World .. but I really, really, really want a CRUISE.

Oh, how nice. Are you cruising? What ship??????? Disney World???? Whatever fun stuff you're doing, I think I'm envious. We're trying to get a cruise for sometime in May, if possible. If not, we'll probably go to Disney World .. but I really, really, really want a CRUISE.[/quote

Me too....Were down in our condo in Ft myers and then spent two days visiting the mouse. Sitting in an airport waiting to fly back to Ft myers right now. Wish it was a cruise.

Oh, how nice. Are you cruising? What ship??????? Disney World???? Whatever fun stuff you're doing, I think I'm envious. We're trying to get a cruise for sometime in May, if possible. If not, we'll probably go to Disney World .. but I really, really, really want a CRUISE.[/quote

Me too....Were down in our condo in Ft myers and then spent two days visiting the mouse. Sitting in an airport waiting to fly back to Ft myers right now. Wish it was a cruise.

It's always fun visiting the mouse, too <g>. We haven't been there in a while and might soon. We used to go to WDW a lot before we became so addicted to cruising. I hope you had a good vacation!

It's always fun visiting the mouse, too <g>. We haven't been there in a while and might soon. We used to go to WDW a lot before we became so addicted to cruising. I hope you had a good vacation!

We did, it was nice, esp to see the grand kids enjoy it. Would have rather been on a cruise, but it's still vacation.

We did, it was nice, esp to see the grand kids enjoy it. Would have rather been on a cruise, but it's still vacation.

Vacation is a good word in and of itself. I know what you mean. Once you become as addicted to cruising as I have, it's had to think of any other kind of vacation. But ... we are way overdue going to WDW and Universal, so we need to do that too this year. I will always be a kid at heart anyway, so I fit right in <g>.

Vacation is a good word in and of itself. I know what you mean. Once you become as addicted to cruising as I have, it's had to think of any other kind of vacation. But ... we are way overdue going to WDW and Universal, so we need to do that too this year. I will always be a kid at heart anyway, so I fit right in <g>.

One of my daughters is a Disney vacation club member. We got to stay in the new Contemporary Bay Lake Villas. The three bedroom suite looking out over the MK. Spectacular views, 25 ft windows, 2 floors 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6 flat panel tv's......wow.