Audio Books

LynnAB

One of my daughters is a Disney vacation club member. We got to stay in the new Contemporary Bay Lake Villas. The three bedroom suite looking out over the MK. Spectacular views, 25 ft windows, 2 floors 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6 flat panel tv's......wow.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo envious!

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished listening to "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." What a lovely story about difficult subjects: the Japanese internment, unrequited love, losing a loved one, all set in the historic International District of Seattle.

Put it on your list if you're headed this way or just want a good listen.

I just finished listening to "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." What a lovely story about difficult subjects: the Japanese internment, unrequited love, losing a loved one, all set in the historic International District of Seattle.

Put it on your list if you're headed this way or just want a good listen.

Thanks for the lead. Was there not another hit book about that......Snow falling on Cedars? Who wrote it?

Just to keep this going ...

I'm now listening to Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. It's really good and very rich and full of descriptive language.

Edited by LynnAB

Just to keep this going ...

I'm now listening to Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. It's really good and very rich and full of descriptive language.

Never have heard of either....full of descriptive language sounds interesting. Became a grandfather today (4th time):D:D:D:D

Never have heard of either....full of descriptive language sounds interesting. Became a grandfather today (4th time):D:D:D:D

Yeah!!! Congratulations, Jim. Come on ... boy or girl???

Kind of makes sense that I would have mentioned that as well. A girl, everyone doing great.

Uh, yeah <g>. I want to picture a little baby girl or a little baby boy. I'm soooo happy everyone is doing well. Nice!!!

Hi, Jim,

I keep forgetting to ask you: Have you read or listened to Girl With a Dragon Tattoo? I'm sure it's not MY type of book (at least I imagine it's not), but it's soooooo popular that I am curious as to whether you read it and what your opinion of it is, if you've read it.

Hi, Jim,

I keep forgetting to ask you: Have you read or listened to Girl With a Dragon Tattoo? I'm sure it's not MY type of book (at least I imagine it's not), but it's soooooo popular that I am curious as to whether you read it and what your opinion of it is, if you've read it.

Hy Lynn!

I know I don't post much but I do lurk. I just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was very good and I think you would like it, it wasn't overly violent or gruesome. For me it was a little slow to start but I was glad I stuck with it. I am now waiting for my father-in-law to finish the next one so I can read it.

Right now I'm listening to the Lord John Books by Diana Gabaldon and reading the latest Charlane Harris novel.

Edited by GlassBeagles

Hi, Jim,

I will check it out, I have not heard of it :o. Lynn, can you send me an email please? My email got all discombobulated....:mad:

Hy Lynn!

I know I don't post much but I do lurk. I just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was very good and I think you would like it, it wasn't overly violent or gruesome. For me it was a little slow to start but I was glad I stuck with it. I am now waiting for my father-in-law to finish the next one so I can read it.

Right now I'm listening to the Lord John Books by Diana Gabaldon and reading the latest Charlane Harris novel.

Thank you! If it's not real gruesome, I think I might like the series. It certainly sounds interesting!

I will check it out, I have not heard of it :o. Lynn, can you send me an email please? My email got all discombobulated....:mad:

Sure, Jim. I'll go write an email to you right now.

Lynn

Have not looked at all of the threads so if I'm duplicating, sorry. I use a I Pod-Itouch for Photos, Books, movies and of coarse songs. I download

books in MP3 and have a program to convert to M4B. This allows you to

retain you place in mid chapter. I think with MP3 you have to start over at the beginning. Sure makes walks and waiting in Dr. offices go a lot faster.

Have not looked at all of the threads so if I'm duplicating, sorry. I use a I Pod-Itouch for Photos, Books, movies and of coarse songs. I download

retain you place in mid chapter. I think with MP3 you have to start over at the beginning. Sure makes walks and waiting in Dr. offices go a lot faster.

Hi, Ronnie,

That's okay. Jump in anytime!!!

I have been thinking about an iPod iTouch because it sounds really neat, BUT I haven't actually tried one. I have a few questions <g>.

Do you also read books on your iTouch, or just listen to audiobooks? If you READ them, too, is it hard to read on the small screen? I guess I should say -- is it too hard to read, or do you find it okay?

Do you convert movies? I have DVDs and .avi files that I would love to watch. Is it possible? Or do you have to buy all the movies?

I'd really appreciate if you could give me any direction about software so I could put my own movies and books on the iTouch.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much,

Lynn

Wow, did not know about converting the files (or even that there was an M4B format. Good call! And welcome to the blog, feel free to ask or comment away:)

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty quiet here <g>. Everyone must be vacationing, working, or reading.

I'm still listening to Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani because I haven't been driving as much (work has slowed down). When I'm home, I'm busy reading on my Kindle.

What is everyone else reading or listening to?

Hi Lynn,

Busy with school work thank goodness the semester is almost over!! I'm listening to Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton and just finished reading the latest Charlaine Harris, Dead in the Family. Next I'll be reading my Metal smithing book so I can finish my school projects.;)

Hi Lynn,

Busy with school work thank goodness the semester is almost over!! I'm listening to Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton and just finished reading the latest Charlaine Harris, Dead in the Family. Next I'll be reading my Metal smithing book so I can finish my school projects.;)

Metal smithing, now that DOES sound interesting...:D I just finished Pirate Latitudes as well. I enjoyed it although it was not what I expected going in to it.

Hi Lynn,

How is Pirate Latitues? That sounds interesting.

How is Pirate Latitues? That sounds interesting.

I am going to jump in on the question also. I enjoyed it. Totally different than any other Michael Crichton book I have ever read/listened to. Set in the 1700's (maybe 1800?) in the Caribbean. Thought it would be a pirate story and jump back and forth from old times to new times....not the case. Good listen to book, his last. HE will be missed:(

I am going to jump in on the question also. I enjoyed it. Totally different than any other Michael Crichton book I have ever read/listened to. Set in the 1700's (maybe 1800?) in the Caribbean. Thought it would be a pirate story and jump back and forth from old times to new times....not the case. Good listen to book, his last. HE will be missed:(

My notification must be off.

Metal casting is great I love working with silver, although this time I am using more bronze, the cost of silver is a little to high! As much as I enjoy it I am glad that Thurs. is the last class of the semester.

I too enjoyed the Pirate Latitudes though it wasn't quite what I was expecting either. It was based on fact and took place in the 1600's. If you go to Black Beards castle on St. Thomas you will see a statue of the female "privater".

My notification must be off.

Metal casting is great I love working with silver, although this time I am using more bronze, the cost of silver is a little to high! As much as I enjoy it I am glad that Thurs. is the last class of the semester.

I too enjoyed the Pirate Latitudes though it wasn't quite what I was expecting either. It was based on fact and took place in the 1600's. If you go to Black Beards castle on St. Thomas you will see a statue of the female "privater".

I was close...1600's 1700"s 1800's what's few centuries between friends lol:eek: