Carnival Dream vs Fantasy

Cruise077

Looking to book a cruise during March break (guess that's getting to be last minute). Will have 3 teenagers with me. 1st time cruise for 2 of us.

Considering either the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral or the Fantasy out of Charlston, SC.

If you've been on both ships I would appreciate your opinion of which is better.

For me I like the port choices of the Dream better, but the Dream is also a much longer drive for us.

The Dream is a much larger ship, and if you desire a balcony, Fantasy does not have any except on their suites. On Fantasy, I would no twaste your money on the Ocean (junior) suite because the balcony is tiny. (But I think it only sleeps 3 anyway.). But if you have never cruised, Fantasy will be a wonderful first cruise. EM

Is anybody interested in doing the ropes course? Or the Steakhouse?

If not, go on the Fantasy.

The Dream is very new and the Fantasy was built in the early '90s. You will have a great cruise on either but the Dream does have more bells and whistles. We like the Fantasy class ships.

We have been on the Fantasy many, many times including the last two New Year's Eve cruises. We love the small ship, her officers and crew. And its an easy 4 hour drive for us which is why we go on her so much. But comparing her to the Dream is almost impossible. The dream has 3600+ passengers and the Fantasy has just over 1,000. The Dream is a much, much bigger ship. There will be a lot more kids on her because of her size. The Fantasy had no alternative restaurants, just the buffet & dining room. There isn't a show every night in the theater like there used to be. Night time entertainment is two separate guitar players and what used to be the show band. The Fantasy is Carnivals oldest ship the Dream is 2nd newest.

As much as we love the Fantasy I'd say teens would be much happier on the Dream.

Edited by Bonnie J.

It is worth the extra hours of driving to go on the Dream. We drove down from North Carolina and it wasn't that bad. We loved the Dream. Most of the Fantasy cruises only go to the Bahamas. Our children would definitely choose the Dream over the small Fantasy! The Dream is their favorite ship. They prefer the Dream over the Breeze.

Is anybody interested in doing the ropes course? Or the Steakhouse?

If not, go on the Fantasy.

The Dream does not have a ropes course. ;) It does have the nice waterpark.

We were on the Dream last year and loved it. We had a blast and I have a full review listed in my signature line if you are interested in seeing the ship with tons of pictures. Sorry, I have not been on the other ship. I like the ship with all of the "extras". :D

the dream does not have a ropes course. ;) it does have the nice waterpark.

We were on the dream last year and loved it. We had a blast and i have a full review listed in my signature line if you are interested in seeing the ship with tons of pictures. Sorry, i have not been on the other ship. I like the ship with all of the "extras". :d

oops!!!:)