Ok two weeks to go, first time cruisers

Ballard67

So our Great Alaska cruise is coming down the home stretch. We have done the on line check in, printed off the paper work/tickets, i guess. So I am a nervous bug, I am i missing anything to do(as far as celebrity gos). I think we (at least I do, the wife says we got it all) do, is celeberty going/suppose to send us anything??. So its me and my wife, when i printed off the express pass, its only one pass,do we share it?, do they give us a card?. Celebrity is not great in fourth coming info.

So our Great Alaska cruise is coming down the home stretch. We have done the on line check in, printed off the paper work/tickets, i guess. So I am a nervous bug, I am i missing anything to do(as far as celebrity gos). I think we (at least I do, the wife says we got it all) do, is celeberty going/suppose to send us anything??. So its me and my wife, when i printed off the express pass, its only one pass,do we share it?, do they give us a card?. Celebrity is not great in fourth coming info.

It sounds like you have all you need to check in. Your SeaPass cards (RCI name) - one for each of you - which serve as your stateroom key, ship ID, and charge card for all purchases will be issued then. You will confirm the credit card to be used by both of you on the cards at that time as well. Nothing more is likely to be sent.

Be sure to bring the proper ID - birth certificate and picture ID -or- Passport, for US based closed loop cruises - and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I would print out both, of the express pass, at least the front page.

Well there was just one express pass offered, has my wife as the primary and it includes me. We did get our luggage tags in the mail Yaaaa. Its Inside 10 days now, so excited, the only bummer is my back. I was dignosed with three herniated disk couple months ago and I am restricted to how much i can walk. Its already had us cancel one of our exruision in Jeno.. We optied for a trolly ride to Mendenhal glacier. I am getting drug up(LOL) so i hope I i will be able to walk a bit more then I am now.

Since you are first timers, make sure you hard power off your cell phone and put it in your safe. Pull the battery if you can. Satellite data transfer is expensive. A lot of naive cruises leave various apps running and send videos to family and friends. Then they come home to the $2400 cell phone bill. You would have no recourse with the cruise line because the satellite service directly bills your cell phone carrier. (There are ways to minimize satellite use if one is paying attention.)

Since you are first timers, make sure you hard power off your cell phone and put it in your safe. Pull the battery if you can. Satellite data transfer is expensive. A lot of naive cruises leave various apps running and send videos to family and friends. Then they come home to the $2400 cell phone bill. You would have no recourse with the cruise line because the satellite service directly bills your cell phone carrier. (There are ways to minimize satellite use if one is paying attention.)

Good advice to keep an eye on your phone, but it is easiest to just turn off data roaming.

We are going to Alaska for the first time, too, and are very excited. We're taking a good camera and a pair of binoculars. The scenery and wildlife are the real stars of this cruise!

We leave in less than two weeks for Alaska too on Celebrity.

We have printed out our contract and luggage tags.

If you have purchased anything through Celebrity, like drink package or excursions, you may want to print out copies of those receipts. Or, at least have them stored in your email for quick retrieval if there are any issues.

Same holds true if you booked through a TA.

Also, I recommend photocopies of your passports/IDs and having those available or stored on a google drive account as backups.

We indeed upgraded our camera and got binoculars for the trip. We recommend taking a power strip as cabins are usually skimpy when it comes to power outlets.

We also upgraded our cameras, well new one for me,umm boniculars??, we have to find a pair. The photo copies of pass ports, i have a enhanced ID and my wife has pass port, so ya we can make copies of both and put it in a file, good idea. Where also getting drinks,soda Juice I am also thinking coffee Starbucks instant. for our cabin, i think we are getting those on Wednesday.Can you bring a hot pot?, for hot water

We also upgraded our cameras, well new one for me,umm boniculars??, we have to find a pair.

Depending on the room category you booked - binoculars may be in the room. I know if Concierge and above a pair of binoculars are there already.

Ok folks inside 5 days!, i have yet to start packing, i am afraid when i start packing i wont be able to quit. I love to draw out trips,savor every moment LOL. The wife just came up with a great idea, a small vinyl bag for my hot sauce, i am spicy hot sauce lover, to take to the buffets and off the ship for meals,wow i love that lady!!:). I have wore mainly shorts this past summer.been looking at the temps up in Alaska and it looks like its going to be on the cool side mid highs 50's to mid 40's low and rain. I think i am going to stick with my shorts for the most part.

Ok folks inside 5 days!, i have yet to start packing, i am afraid when i start packing i wont be able to quit. I love to draw out trips,savor every moment LOL. The wife just came up with a great idea, a small vinyl bag for my hot sauce, i am spicy hot sauce lover, to take to the buffets and off the ship for meals,wow i love that lady!!:). I have wore mainly shorts this past summer.been looking at the temps up in Alaska and it looks like its going to be on the cool side mid highs 50's to mid 40's low and rain. I think i am going to stick with my shorts for the most part.

We just started packing this past weekend for our Alaskan cruise and it was like a crime scene!! Clothes spread out everywhere, and various piles. Pants, shorts, sweatshirts, all seasons were represented.

We are not light packers to begin with, but this cruise might kill us.

Or, at the very least, break my back! LOL.

We just started packing this past weekend for our Alaskan cruise and it was like a crime scene!! Clothes spread out everywhere, and various piles. Pants, shorts, sweatshirts, all seasons were represented.

We are not light packers to begin with, but this cruise might kill us.

Or, at the very least, break my back! LOL.

LOL well at least yours is lay out, i am still on the boards talking about it LOL, we leave Friday and I am still looking at my suit case :)