Europe 261-partner Arline only?

Peg_S

We're really delayed..(air canada) .cancelled flights, scheduled to arrive 2 days later than planned. Airline says they can only put us on partner airlines. Is that true?

Help please

Thanks, peg

Edited by Peg_S

And we're only getting boarding passes for 1/3 of the trip. Luggage is tagged to that intermediate destination only. I'm so confused.

FCO to YUL to YYZ to MSP

Boarding pass to YUL, luggage tagged just for YUL

And we're only getting boarding passes for 1/3 of the trip. Luggage is tagged to that intermediate destination only. I'm so confused.

FCO to YUL to YYZ to MSP

Boarding pass to YUL, luggage tagged just for YUL

Just guessing, customs and immigration at YUL?

Just guessing, customs and immigration at YUL?

That wouldn't have anything to do with it. FCO is simply trying to pass the problem onto YUL. There are no seats at YUL which is why there is no boarding pass for an onward flight and their luggage is terminating there. I've had this happen to me in the past, and won't accept it. OP needs to stand fast and tell AC to rebook them with seat assignments the whole way through, even if it's on another carrier. Suggest Lufthansa as an option.

Not true; if they are willing to pay, they can place you on any airline. I was on an LH flight a few months ago that had a problem, and LH paid for us to fly on BA. They aren't required to do this though.

Get on your computer and find flights (try to stay on Star Alliance) that will get you home. Ask to be booked on those flights. I find having an option you can present to them works better then just expecting them to do the work to take care of you.

In addition, depending on why this flight was cancelled, you may be owed compensation under EU 261. The airline should have given you information about this.

Edited by 6rugrats

We're really delayed..(air canada) .cancelled flights, scheduled to arrive 2 days later than planned. Airline says they can only put us on partner airlines. Is that true?

DIi you purchase your ticket directly through Air Canada, or did you go through a cruise line or other 3rd party? And do you know if you were originally ticket on ONE ticket?

Peg appears to be flying Rouge, not "mainline" Air Canada.

RV1921 was cancelled Sunday. Today's flight arrives YUL at 1703 EDT (delayed) and a special catch-up flight RV1991 arrives at 1937 EDT.

I'm not sure if RV is unable or reluctant to endorse tickets compared to AC, but it could be part of the problem.

Peg, by the time you clear Canada immigration/customs there are few viable connection options this evening...your best bet is UA3573 or AC7419 connecting through ORD to the same United Express flight UA5570 to MSP. This requires clearing US Customs at YUL so the later AC flight is preferable. Since all are regional jet flights, seats may not be available. I hope you were able to get ticketed all the way home by some other means. If you didn't, it's probably best your bags are short-checked to YUL so you have them overnight.

Let us know how this plays out.

Edited by kenish

Right on Kenish.

We got those exact flights assigned (chicago and msp) only by really really pushing. Sasha somewhere at Air Canada is amazing. Unfortunately, we had to keep her on the cell phone to talk to the ticket people and tell them what to do.

To no avail.

Our outbound flight (original cancelled and rescheduled for Monday) got out late, arrived WAY late. Missed our hard-sought-for connections.

I'm now sitting at the Hilton Garden Inn in Montreal..two nights of free hotels who hoo!!!. Ready to hear our provided substitute flights?.... get ready to laugh (or cry with me if you'd like):

8:15 am to Chicago O'Hare

9 pm (approx...I don't have the itinerary on me) to MSP

that's right folks, 12 hour layover at O'Hare. Cause you know "there just aren't any earlier available flights coming up on my screen". What a bunch of idiots they've trained. Don't get me started.

So I just booked Southwest out of Midway at 12:30. Will get on the 8:15 flight, have bags checked ONLY to Chicago. Get bags and go to Midway. Fly home.

Will cancel the last leg of our flight when we check in, they say we'd get a couple hundred back. That covers our SW flight.

If I'm not doing this right, please let me know.

thanks for your help, support, and sympathy.

Air Canada could care less about customer service. Really truly could care less.

Fair warning.

Peg

Edited by Peg_S