What perks do you get with a mini suite?

Not sure if you get anything extra or not? Do you?

Don't get any suite perks with a mini-suite. It's basically a balcony cabin with a larger bathroom.

IMHO it should not be called a "suite". It always leads to confusion since it doesn't qualify as an actual suite.

Linda

Not sure if you get anything extra or not? Do you?

Not any extra perks with the mini-suite, except a little more room. On the newer ships I have understood (without having been in one myself), that the mini-suites are not much larger than the regular balcony cabin - except a larger bathroom, and sometimes a slightly larger balcony.

I have had a mini-suite myself on the Sun and the Star - and on both ships the mini-suite was actually significantly larger than the regular balcony cabin (especially on the Sun). For me it was well worth the extra money to have more room (it was during longer cruises - 10 days+). Some people say that a mini-suite is no more than a "balcony-deluxe-cabin" only with a larger bathroom - but that varies from ship to ship. On both the Sun and the Star the mini-suites were definitely larger than the regular balcony cabins, the situation might be different on other ships in the fleet. But a mini-suite is nothing like a "real" suite with the perks that comes with that.

Another thing I personally like about mini-suites on NCL, is that they have a curtain divider between the bed and the rest of the cabin, that blocks out the light very good even at daytime, when you use it in addition to the regular curtains that are on the windows. It also gives more privacy if needed. And in the bathroom all (?) mini-suites have a bathtub with shower instead of the regular shower you find in balcony cabins.

If you book early, NCL often offer (for a short period of time) a free upgrade from the regular BC balcony to the MB mini-suite - I have taken advantage on that twice (it would be listed on ncl.com under the room category if the upgrade is available).

Hope this helps. :)

On the BA I have been in a balcony and a mini suit. The actual balcony in both rooms are the same. Bathroom is bigger and the room is probably 1 foot wider which actually makes a big difference with the mini-suits. When I went on the BA the price difference was $75 PP which I say is worth it for a mini-suite. At times I see its $300+ which I probably wouldn't pay.

Edited by BrPanthers99

Are coffee makers available in the mini suites?

Yes, on Pearl at least, but I think fleet-wide. Typical 4 cup (=1 Quercus serving :D) drip brewers.

(Bring your own coffee though, unless you actually like those little motel room "pods".)

Picture of Pearl mini with couch folded out, beds in twin mode.

Edited by quercus alba