catamaran suggestions please

2xprincess

We will be in Grand Cayman from 10am - 6pm - arriving on Carnival Legend. Hoping to spend a couple of hours out on a catamaran - not really interested in

snorkeling - just a few peaceful hours on the ocean and a chance to swim. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

We're looking for a boat to be on too for a few hours in GC. Preferably one that serves drinks and snacks and we can just relax. Maybe a little swimming. We don't need to do the stingrays or snorkel really.

I found Stingray Sailing. While they do go to Stingray City, they limit the number of guests. Second stop is for snorkeling and then they sail back. From pics on Trip Advisor it looks relaxing and like they serve beer for a small fee.

Still searching though. We sail in 3 weeks.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find an excursion that was what you were looking for? We are looking for the same thing? We've been to Stingrays many times and LOVE the catamaran part of the sailing but really don't want to go back to the stingrays again.. would prefer to just sail ..

I found Stingray Sailing. While they do go to Stingray City, they limit the number of guests. Second stop is for snorkeling and then they sail back. From pics on Trip Advisor it looks relaxing and like they serve beer for a small fee.

Still searching though. We sail in 3 weeks.

I wanted a sail also, not a motorboat. I have reserved with stingray sailing for next spring.

Please report back, if you do choose them.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I never heard back from any of the companies I contacted. Maybe because it was off season?? I booked an excursion through Carnival that did the stingrays and then to Rum Point. Rum Point was wonderful and I'd go there again in a heart beat.

We're headed back to GC this Christmas but I think we'll do the Turtle Farm and submarine tour.

We just did a trip with Stingray Sailing. While they do visit the stingrays, I think anyone would enjoy their tour. Very relaxing on a great boat. Great service with no crowds - we've done many catamaran tours - I'd rate them very highly!

Thanks for the report..they get great reviews on TripAdvisor too.