Prettiest beach?

curious_st

I am planning for a 5-day cruise out of Tampa with a stop in Grand Caymen and a stop in Cozumel. I am planning on spending a few days in the Tampa area.

What is the prettiest beach in Grand Caymen, and how does it compare to the beaches in Cozumel and the Tampa area?

We are not into snorkeling, diving, etc. we just enjoy spending a few hours on beautiful beach, strolling near the surf, and splashing around. It is just me and the hubby, no kids with us.

I am cross posting this on the Cozumel board.

GC beaches are NOT like US beaches...they are very narrow...just a small strip of sand between road and ocean! BUT...the water....so clear and blue! The sand is different, too...more of a powder fine shell, rather than the powdered rock sand here in the states.

I think each place has it's own "feel"....I think all are quite pretty, but they are all different!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rum Point is a very pretty beach (GC) but it's a little chore to get to. Seven Mile Beach is very nice. Great place for a family with kids to just hang out and play around. Nice sandy bottom, gentle slope, etc.

Cozumel has nice beaches too. Prettiest? Probably the east side, but those beaches aren't always swimmable, so if you are looking for a nice beach for swimming, stay on the West side. But prettiest? Definitly East side of the island.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...