New to Cruising

bamagirl14

My family of 7 will be on the Dream March 29, 2015. I am already looking and trying to plan this trip and to plan financially. We will be stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I need a lot of help!

Ages 60, 65, 41, 44, 16, 19, 10. Any suggestions for excursions?? I do not want to shop, hike, etc... I like beach and water activities. Thank you.

In Cayman, I would recommend stingray city. If you like to snorkel, you can walk to Eden Rock and snorkel right from the dive shop. Easy walk from the cruise

I wrote about both on my blog at

Winenchocolate dot com

Out of the 3 islands I like Cayman the best.

My family of 7 will be on the Dream March 29, 2015. I am already looking and trying to plan this trip and to plan financially. We will be stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I need a lot of help!

Ages 60, 65, 41, 44, 16, 19, 10. Any suggestions for excursions?? I do not want to shop, hike, etc... I like beach and water activities. Thank you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The beach is public and easy to get to...hop on the bus. $2.50 pp. All of the access points have watersport rentals, chair/umbrellas, food, drink, restrooms. A Beach Day is ultra easy, and relatively cheap...(GC is expensive...banking Capital of the Caribbean...) but cheaper than excursions!

In Cayman, I would recommend stingray city. If you like to snorkel, you can walk to Eden Rock and snorkel right from the dive shop. Easy walk from the cruise

I wrote about both on my blog at

Winenchocolate dot com

Out of the 3 islands I like Cayman the best.

+1 om stringray city. It is amazing.

The beach is public and easy to get to...hop on the bus. $2.50 pp. All of the access points have watersport rentals, chair/umbrellas, food, drink, restrooms. A Beach Day is ultra easy, and relatively cheap...(GC is expensive...banking Capital of the Caribbean...) but cheaper than excursions!

The above would be the least expensive way for you to have a beach day in Grand Cayman. Also, it's a beautiful clean beach.

Grand Cayman is a very safe place to ride public buses and do things on-your-own.

Look forward to having a great time! :D

LuLu

My 19 year old son and my 41 year old husband would like to do a hiking excursion in all 3 ports. Not my thing. I need a beach and water =) Is there a better company to use for hiking excursion rather than booking through Carnival?

When planning for our trip to Grand Cayman, I booked an independent venture with Captain Marvin's Tours for Sting Ray City & snorkeling at 2 reefs. There were only 12 people on his boat vs. 100+ on a double decker catamaran cruise ship excursion. We had a great time!

In Cozumel, we went to Chankanaab Park. Admission is now $21 (I think). There's a $2.00 coupon on-line. Seems the facility has grown & improved over the years. The snorkeling was GREAT. Must have water shoes; rocky entrance. Visit their web site for full details.

@Cozumel - did All Inclusive at Mr. Sancho's

@Cayman Islands - Booked thru Captain Marvin's: did StingRay City and snorkeling

@MontegoBay - Booked thru ExplorerJamaica: Went to RoseHall, Margaritaville, Doctor Caves Beach, and ate at Scotchies.