Two cruises from different ports, one night in between - suggestions?

Daisy P

We'll be doing a 4 day cruise from Miami port on Enchantment and after that a 7 day cruise on Harmony from Fort Lauderdale. There's one night between the cruises. We would love to spend the day after the first cruise in Miami, but we haven't decided how we're going to get to For Lauderdale and whether we should get there in the evening and spend the night there, or stay in Miami for the night and then get to Fort Lauderdale in the morning and go straight to the port. We're me and my husband (in our early 30ies) and we'll have two suitcases, so if we would stay in Miami for the day but go to Fort Lauderdale in the evening, we'd have the problem of what to do with our luggade during the day.

We appreciate any suggestions on how to handle this :). What would be the best method of transportation and would you recommend staying in Miami for the night or going to Fort Lauderdale?

We're sorry if similar questions have been asked before. I tried to do a search but most questions seemed to concern transportation between ports and airports.

If you want to see Miami, stay in Miami and head up to Fort Lauderdale in the morning. Make sure you leave by 9AM as you never know what you'll encounter on I95.

South Beach is ALWAYS tons of fun.

Thanks for the replies! Spending the night in South Beach sounds like the way to go. What about the transportation to Fort Lauderdale in the morning, is there some kind of public transportation that we could use, or would you recommend a rental car or something else?

Uber from POM to SB hotel will be under $20. Uber from SB to PE should be about $35. You can also call the hotel (once booked) to see what transport options they suggest.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies! We've got the hotel on south beach booked now, and uber sounds like a good option for transportation.

One more question: after the cruise from Fort Lauderdale, we have late night flight back home from Miami airport. Any ideas how we could deal with our luggage, so we'd be able to enjoy one more day in Florida before returning home?

Rent a car one way (FLL to MIA), put the bags in the trunk and you are free to explore.

You could Uber to MIA (about $40+), pay to store your bags there (most airlines will not take them earlier than about 4 hours before your flight) and ride the Airport Flyer bus from MIA to South Beach for about $3 each. Take the bus back to MIA after drinks, lunch, sightseeing, and catch your flight home. :cool:

If you decide to rent a car after the cruise make sure no luggage iis visible in the car when you park it to have lunch, etc. This includes backpacks. It is suggested that you have your passports and other important items with you. I mention all this as I see you are from outside the US.