Avis location - Halifax

cole

Does anyone know if there is an Avis rental office near the port in Halifax? I realize that there is a Hertz nearby, but we use Avis. Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Cole

It appears as if Avis is at the Halifax International Airport and also in (3) neighborhood locations. I don't know if any are near the pier. I suppose you can call them directly or google the neighborhood addresses.

I'm aware of Hertz and Thrifty that are near the pier.

It appears as if Avis is at the Halifax International Airport and also in (3) neighborhood locations. I don't know if any are near the pier. I suppose you can call them directly or google the neighborhood addresses.

Also National and Dollar

I've got a car rented with Budget for Sept. 17. Address is 1554 Hollis Street. Is this at the pier?

Looks like it is one block over and about 5 blocks west. Google says it is a 10 minute walk. Are they picking you up at the port?

Maryann can give you better information, I just googled it for you.

How easy is it to get to the Thrifty rental at the Westin from the Pier? Can you go in the back way off of Marginal thru what looks like a parking lot on google street view or do you have to go to the front of the Westin on Hollis. Trying to figure if we can walk it(DH uses a cane) or if we will need a cab. Hertz is closed on the 13th July when we will be there, I just found out, hope they are open on the 23rd for many reasons when we are back.

How easy is it to get to the Thrifty rental at the Westin from the Pier? Can you go in the back way off of Marginal thru what looks like a parking lot on google street view or do you have to go to the front of the Westin on Hollis. .

I heard its pretty close to the pier with a little walking, but I don't know exactly. We're booked with Thrifty in Oct. Maybe somebody else can answer this whose been there.

How easy is it to get to the Thrifty rental at the Westin from the Pier? Can you go in the back way off of Marginal thru what looks like a parking lot on google street view or do you have to go to the front of the Westin on Hollis. Trying to figure if we can walk it(DH uses a cane) or if we will need a cab. Hertz is closed on the 13th July when we will be there, I just found out, hope they are open on the 23rd for many reasons when we are back.

You just need to walk through the parking lot then into the back door of the VIA station. You need to go up a level by elevator--there is someone at the desk where you enter that you can ask. You can then walk through the station to the hotel. Beats walking all the way around. I use a cane and it was ok for me.

Edited by pizzalady1