Pick my beach...

diskids2

On our last day in port (Friday) we want to go to a beach. It will be the only time we have during our trip to just sit and relax for a few hours. Which beach would you do? I need to be back on the boat by 4 pm, but I plan to leave the beach by 1 pm and I want the most hassle free way to get back.

Thanks!

Go to Horseshoe Bay...it's the classic pink sand Bermuda beach and considered one of the world's best. If you walk a bit away from the main area you can escape much of the crowd.

You can get there and back from Dockyard via a #7 bus...there's also direct express service to the beach on the buses marked "Special" that will save some time. If you don't a transportation pass or ticket book just buy tokens @ $4 each...one for each bus ride you'll be taking (in other words two tokens for a round trip).

There are also shared ride taxis and vans probably charging somewhere between $7-$10 per person in each direction .

An individual taxi will cost about $35-$40 in each direction for 1-4 passengers.

I would suggest that you take the bus to Horseshoe Beach. There are five beaches connected to each other that you can walk a path from beach to beach. Horseshoe has changing rooms, restrooms, and food available. There is an express bus that does not stop any place else. It just goes directly to the Beach and is about a 25 minute ride. If that is the only time you are using the bus, just have $4.50 per person each way to drop in the fare box. If you are buying a transportation pass, plan on using it to get to and back from the Beach. If you only buy a 2 day pass, it has to be used two consecutive days, can't be used first and third day in port.

Horseshoe it is!!! I just need to know if a taxi is easier than the bus. I don't have a preference just want the absolute easiest one.

Sure taxi is easier...but do you want to spend $40 each way for a taxi (1-4 passengers), or $4 each way per person for the bus (or nothing additional for the bus if you already have a transportation pass)?

Do you walk up and down the little hill with the taxi and/or the bus? BTW thanks for all this help!

By bus you walk down and up the hill. (There usually is someone operating a van that will take you up for $2...or down for $1 I believe.)

Taxis take you down the hill to the parking lot and back up.

How often do the busses run? Are they pretty much continuous??

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

The regular #7 bus between Dockyard and the South shore beaches runs about every 30 minutes, but there are also express buses (marked "Special") that run between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay adding a significant amount of additional service. There's no published schedule for the express buses.

On our last day in port (Friday) we want to go to a beach. It will be the only time we have during our trip to just sit and relax for a few hours. Which beach would you do? I need to be back on the boat by 4 pm, but I plan to leave the beach by 1 pm and I want the most hassle free way to get back.

Thanks!

Warwick Long Bay hands down. Enjoy the natural beauty of the pink sand without the rest of the ship there (like HSB) and watch the longbirds fly among the cliffs. Our favorite beach when staying on Bermuda. You can also enjoy Jobson's Cove. WLB and JC are also a much shorter walk than HSB.

HSB is also very nice, but it has the amenities and so is the popular tourist beach. WLB has a restroom and vendor truck but no chairs, at least last we knew. So bring a towel and spread out on the gorgeous beach and enjoy the quieter side for your few hours there.

Edited by blue_water

On the last day when my return time was also 4:00 was to take cab for 6 to get to Warwick Beach at 9:00 (prior to busses running)and walk the coves to Horseshoe. We then went off to Gibbs Lighthouse. Along the walk saw only 3 horseback riders, 1 jogger and 1 couple..nice to have the coves to ourselves.