Where is the cruise ship terminal in Sydney?

HeidiHo

Trying to do some taxi calculations for Sydney but I need to know where the port is and what is called. There are plenty of taxi calculator sites but I can't do anything without either an address or a name. Thanks.

There are several. Circular Quay, Darling Harbor and the new one at White Bay. I think I have the names right. You should check with your cruise line to find which one they will use for your cruise.

There are several. Circular Quay, Darling Harbor and the new one at White Bay. I think I have the names right. You should check with your cruise line to find which one they will use for your cruise.

Thanks, I'll check it out but in the mean time, if anyone knows where the Celebrity Solstice docks please let me know. Thanks.

Where do you want to go? To the airport or to a CBC hotel? We used a taxi for both. I can't remember the cost to the airport but we did not think it was outrageous. The cost to our hotel was under $10. Well worth it with luggage.

We were on the Solstice last January through March. Circular Quay is very convenient to what you want to see.

Also, the Apple store has free WiFi as does the outside areas of the Opera House. Price(nothing) is much better than the ship!

Enjoy.

Pearl

Where does the Radiance of the Seas dock?

All large ships dock at the OPT in Circular Quay in Sydney. Short walk to everywhere. Only the smaller ships can fit under the Sydney Harbour Bridge with the exception of some HAL ships such as Oosterdam.

How hard is it to walk off the ship and get a taxi. Will there be long lines? Currently have private transfers booked but they are way more expensive than a cab.

No problems doing a walk off and taking a cab but what is your hurry? Why not stay in our beautiful city for a few days?

No problems doing a walk off and taking a cab but what is your hurry? Why not stay in our beautiful city for a few days?

I'm not actually asking for me but the ladies ARE staying a couple of extra days. They need a taxi from the pier to hotel and I just want to know if getting a taxi will be hard, long lines, etc. The concierge at the hotel kind of made it sound like it might be. He may have meant though that finding a taxi large enough for 4 ladies and their luggage might be tough. Even so, it sounds like it would still be much, much cheaper to take 2 taxi's if a larger one isn't available than the private transportation that they currently have booked. They only have a couple of days in Sydney and I'm sure they don't want to spend 2 hours waiting in line for a taxi.

Do you know which hotel they are staying at? Many are a short walk from Circular Quay.

I have never known Sydney taxi queues to be hours long but someone may correct me. The airport queue is very orderly and I would expect the same for there.

When any ship arrives at any port there will always be a large number of taxis waiting, some are standard sedans and others will be wagons, vans or maxitaxis.

They will find something to fit them all into.

Archived