Do you think

PAPERBKWRITER

I wish they would include gratuities, and mean it.

by that of course no removing gratuities by guests without an interview as to why.

Oh, if it could only be so!

Tell me the "cost" in advance....all but the discretionary charges......charge me that and be done with it!

Sometimes we pay our gratuities when we pay the final bill. Then they are paid for!

That is what we do as well. It also makes checking our shipboard account much easier to do since those daily per person charges are not on there.

If you buy a cruise in the UK from an American cruise line, whether direct or from a TA, the quoted price will always have taxes and port fees included. And I don't ever recall being given a breakdown of them either. In fact, I didn't know till a few years ago when I started reading this site that it was done differently in the US.

Welcome to the boards, Colonel. Question; you refer to yourself in the third person, may I ask why. And what kind of Colonel are you? I've heard of Captain Crunch, Major Ass Tired, and General Motors.

You forgot Colonel Sanders (though that was touched on by the Kentucky Colonel comment), Captain Obvious, and Mayor McCheese.....:D