Early January cruise?

rju713

Hi! My boyfriend and I sailed last may on the splendor, and are looking to do so again. We loved the age demographic for a mid-may cruise, and are hoping it will be similar for an early January (jan 4) cruise to the Bahamas ? His birthday is New Year's Eve and spends it with his mom, or else we would pick the previous sailing. Can anyone tell me their experience with an early January cruise? For reference, we are both 25 and found an August Canada cruise to be too old of a crowd for us. Thanks for your help!

My wife and I have cruised in january several times. The crowd was a good mix of people. It also depended on the port we sailed from. Bahamas weather will be hit or miss. It should still be nice but some days it wouldnt be hot enough to swim. The best thing is thaqt the prices are generally the lowest that time of year and there arent 2,000 kids running around.

It's will be hard to say, but I have cruised last January right after the holidays and the crowd was probably the oldest and most sedate crowd I have ever had on Carnival. (It was a 7 day Eastern Caribbean out of MIA).

We still had a blast, but there were very few kids, not a ton of singles in their 20s...etc...

I think most of the younger families and singles probably took advantage of school being out and cruised a couple of weeks prior even though it costs more to cruised then. I'm sure things change from week to week and it doesn't mean this is what you will encounter on your sailing.

We have also cruised in May and found the crowd to be a little more mixed with more younger people onboard.

It's just the luck of the draw. You won't know until you board.

Have fun!

Oh yeah. I also agree about the Bahamas. That was our first stop and the weather was in the 60s. Maybe reached 70 when it was time to leave. I wore a light jacket. We were leaving behind 30 degree weather at home so it wasn't too bad.

Weather was MUCH better once we got further south.

Again, the luck of the draw when it comes to that!

Hi! My boyfriend and I sailed last may on the splendor, and are looking to do so again. We loved the age demographic for a mid-may cruise, and are hoping it will be similar for an early January (jan 4) cruise to the Bahamas ? His birthday is New Year's Eve and spends it with his mom, or else we would pick the previous sailing. Can anyone tell me their experience with an early January cruise? For reference, we are both 25 and found an August Canada cruise to be too old of a crowd for us. Thanks for your help!

A lot of colleges (at least the ones here in TX) are still on break Jan 4

The Spring semester usually starts Jan 13/14

You should have a good crowd, especially on Carnival. I don't think it will be too old.

What cruise line was your Aug Canada cruise on?

A lot of colleges (at least the ones here in TX) are still on break Jan 4

The Spring semester usually starts Jan 13/14

You should have a good crowd, especially on Carnival. I don't think it will be too old.

What cruise line was your Aug Canada cruise on?

Great thank you ! We sail on carnival. We were on the carnival glory out of NYC for the August cruise. Many families and older folk. I'm hoping college students will be on board. I am on grad school myself so I have a small window for when I can sail.

Oh yeah. I also agree about the Bahamas. That was our first stop and the weather was in the 60s. Maybe reached 70 when it was time to leave. I wore a light jacket. We were leaving behind 30 degree weather at home so it wasn't too bad.

Weather was MUCH better once we got further south.

Again, the luck of the draw when it comes to that!

Thank you ! Wish we could go further south but NYC is 15 minutes from me and it's the most convent. Luckily the splendor has a dome over the pool. We would cruise more for the ship than the ports, most definitely

We cruised another line this past January and had a great time. I would sail further south though. We were cold the first day and then warmed up. I would also look for a ship with a covered pool if you want to swim as we had rain on two evenings and one day.

Thanks! We have the covered pool deck on this ship :) you are all so helpful thank you!

Archived