Self-Service Laundry on Princess

Coram

On Royal Princess and Regal Princess the machines use tokens which you purchase with your cruise card.

The other Princess ships require quarters. Whether it is better to pack a roll of quarters or to get change onboard is one of those pieces of silly minutiae endless debated on the Princess board.

Do we need to bring change for the self-service laundry or is this a place we also just use our cruise card?

Bring change ,or check the front desk for change.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 quarters per wash, 8 per dry. :)

Thank You! This is information I personally had been wondering about, am planning to sail on the Golden Princess 04/17/2016 on a 2 night cruise between 2 State Capitals-Melbourne for embarkation and Sydney for disembarkation.

With your generosity in sharing that information, I now know to get some quarters when I get my US currency! Great help, I'd been wondering about the cost of laundry, have no problem doing it myself, just not sure of the price.

Cruise Critic Forum to the rescue-again!

Crochetcruise :cool:

By the way diamond princess for anyone looking at aus does not use Australian coins like the full time ships in aus. Had tokens on last cruise I was on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great! This is the ship I'm looking at for my belated 60th Birthday present to myself in 2022. The information is noted, and I will have some quarters as back-up. Many thanks for your generosity!

Crochetcuirse:cool:

Thank You! This is information I personally had been wondering about, am planning to sail on the Golden Princess 04/17/2016 on a 2 night cruise between 2 State Capitals-Melbourne for embarkation and Sydney for disembarkation.

With your generosity in sharing that information, I now know to get some quarters when I get my US currency! Great help, I'd been wondering about the cost of laundry, have no problem doing it myself, just not sure of the price.

Cruise Critic Forum to the rescue-again!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Why do you even plan to do laundry on a 2 night cruise? Just curious

While we are Elite with Princess and have not had to use a coin laundry for a few years now, there was a time that the prices of washes and dries did vary from ship to ship. However, I believe they have now all adopted the $2 for each standard...except the Royal and Regal which use tokens. There are or was change machines in each laundry and if out of order its down to the PSD.

Why do you even plan to do laundry on a 2 night cruise? Just curious

Gathering information about the facilities on board ship to share with my friends, and I do have er sorry if TMI a twitchy bladder with poor tolerance to stress, so anticipating needing to wash some clothing. I'm hoping to be too excited at being on the ship to even have trouble, but I've been caught out too often, and like a Boy Scout I am prepared! I do have a couple of friends who have expressed interest in going on a cruise, so will be researching activities for them as well! As a first-timer cruiser, I'm trying to prepare as much as possible, don't cope too well with the unknown. Can't control my balance reacting to the motion of the ship, but what I can, I will! I'm packing as light as possible, so might need to do washing, hope not, but at least I know what to do. Travelling solo, I must manage my own luggage, and I have learnt from bitter experience with a near fall, that a suitcase secured on the front of my wheeled walking frame, doesn't exactly help good safe control and movement of the walker. With several disabilities-eyesight, osteoporosis and Cerebral Palsy all conflicting in their different needs, it's a bit of a challenge. I struggle with hand washing, have tried it previously, and I don't wring out very effectively, so using the washing machine is better for me, than coping with possibly bulky laundry in the case. Ask any questions you like, only by asking for further information do people learn.

Crochetcruise:cool: