Live from majesty

Great time, as good as last time, staff and ents fantastic.

Having new electric heated cabinets fitted in San Marco today. It's really hot out here.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Pleased all is well joe. Enjoy.:)

Great time, as good as last time, staff and ents fantastic.

Having new electric heated cabinets fitted in San Marco today. It's really hot out here.

Enjoy, Joe :)

Sounds like you already are :D

Thanks all. Just got back.

Was given the wrong info about the heated cabinets, they changed the seats, they are much better, will post a picture soon. They have what look like heated cabinets stored just outside the San Marco, all wrapped up in polythene, so I expect them to be installed sometime soon.

Thanks all. Just got back.

Was given the wrong info about the heated cabinets, they changed the seats, they are much better, will post a picture soon. They have what look like heated cabinets stored just outside the San Marco, all wrapped up in polythene, so I expect them to be installed sometime soon.

Hope you've had a great time! Look forward to seeing the photos.

It would seem Majesty is doing really well at the moment. Only heard good reviews. Maybe it's time to try her out.

Thanks Brenda :)

Ridiculous at Gatwick today!

We went through check in, security and boarding really quickly at Reus airport, took off early and arrived at Gatwick early. Great we thought, an hour before the 14.20 coach to Oxford. Ha!! We had to wait AN HOUR before we even had a carrousel number and then, of course, had to wait ages for the cases, so we had missed the coach and had to wait an hour for the next one:rolleyes:

Strangely enough, it was all Thomson flights that were waiting for their luggage!

Welcome home Linda.

Reminds me of a similar thing we had at Manchester the other year, no surprise that England were playing in the Euros whilst we were waiting for the luggage:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We had a great week and will do a mini review later.

Here are the new chairs in San Marco, they are much better but could do with being about 2 inches higher, you still feel low at the table. That's not just me and DW saying that, someone mentioned it sat next to us as well. The plain brown cushions were showing stains on them by Friday night, they were only put in on Wednesday.... They match the plain brown carpet, but both would have been better if patterned so not to show staining as much.

jqlu9d.jpg

Welcome back Joe and Linda.

Glad to see that you had a lovely cruise Joe. Bet your week flew!

Sorry to hear about Gatwick yesterday, Linda. We had a similar thing in Palma three years ago. Additional hour and a half waiting for our luggage and desperate to get our cruise started!! So I join you in grrrr to the airport!

Suzy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are Dave, we never went in but people were saying that they were very good.

We used to sit in Rendezvous before dinner listening to Sam Harrison then go into Polo Lounge after the show to listen to Musik unlimited.

We liked Sam, but a lot said they didn't, he is a very talented Musician who has some good original material as well as a long list he will do requests from. He gets edgier as the night goes on, we caught his last set around midnight sometimes.

I like the classical music on the Thomsons ships. But there wasn't a duo on the Dream in May. I'm hoping it returns. Thomsons cater for all tastes and I really missed them in the Argo lounge. Something just felt lacking in there.

I like the classical music on the Thomsons ships. But there wasn't a duo on the Dream in May. I'm hoping it returns. Thomsons cater for all tastes and I really missed them in the Argo lounge. Something just felt lacking in there.

Yes Thomsons needs to keep the variety and also keep getting passengers involved eg the choir, Bandeoke, Open Mic night etc.

The classical duo that were on the Dream on the outbound crossing to the Caribbean had indeed "left" the ship by time the return TA crossing took place. To be honest the violin player was ok but the pianist was pretty poor and both my wife and I commented that everytime we walked through the Lido they would be sat in there eating !!:)

I didn't like the low seats in the buffet Piazza on Majesty, and we started having breakfasts and lunches in the Café Royal restaurant with it's proper dining chairs instead.

Same here gill.Found them a bit low and I,m 6ft.We also breakfasted in Cafe Royal

Mind you,is that the chairs are too low or the tables too high?:D

Are they still playing classical music in the Royal Observatory? I think they would be better turning it into an Horizons bar in the evening. they need more bar stools as well.

Me and MJTS sat there one night and not into classical music,far from it.Think after a few drinks we got comfy and couldn,t be bothered moving

Edited by Jim The Scot

Yes we quite like it too:)

Do you remember the duo in the Argo Lounge last year on Springtime Splendours?