Unlimited Dry Cleaning for Elite members

coolplex

Probably answering my own question in the previous post. When laundry allotments are used up on Celebrity/RC then they charge. I bet big time. Typical of all the majors anymore, getem on board then nickel and dime.

We were having dinner with a cruise director on another line one time and the laundry subject came up. He said, "wait", "the unwritten rule on cruising is that three subjects are taboo, 1. Politics 2. Religion 3. laundry." LOL

Probably answering my own question in the previous post. When laundry allotments are used up on Celebrity/RC then they charge. I bet big time. Typical of all the majors anymore, getem on board then nickel and dime.

We were having dinner with a cruise director on another line one time and the laundry subject came up. He said, "wait", "the unwritten rule on cruising is that three subjects are taboo, 1. Politics 2. Religion 3. laundry." LOL

I'm waiting for someone to bring up the Royal transatlantic "waving the dirty shirt".

Both you and Pam would probably be Elite Plus on Celebrity so you'd be looking at 60 pieces. If you send more than that out, you may have an issue
But then you'd have to get me back on Celebrity which could only be done with me kicking and screaming, "Nooooo!" Once was enough to convince me they don't care about passenger safety or comfort. Nice cruise, had a good time but awful ship experience.

So let me get this straight (bearing in mind that I've only minimally interested in the topic to begin with and so have not really been paying attention to the finer details of this discussion): Celebrity/RC limit the amount of free laundry status passengers can have done, plus they do not have laundries available for passenger use? And there are actually people out there who think those two cruiselines have better perks/amenities than Princess? All righty then . . .

I'm rather amused here, or perhaps I'm really missing something. Please enlighten. As rdsqrl asked a really interesting and logical question, as yet unanswered as far as I can glean.

rdsgral: "So let me get this straight (bearing in mind that I've only minimally interested in the topic to begin with and so have not really been paying attention to the finer details of this discussion): Celebrity/RC limit the amount of free laundry status passengers can have done, plus they do not have laundries available for passenger use? And there are actually people out there who think those two cruise lines have better perks/amenities than Princess? All righty then . . ."

So, again, Celebrity/RC limits the amount of laundry one can have done, free? Now, since these two lines "do not" have laundries available for passengers to use, (Or is that an incorrect assertion made by a previous poster?) what happens when passenger(s) use up their free allotment? Does, he/she passenger go the cleanest dirty shirt route? Sweating profusely in the tropical climes? Reeking of BO. Maybe they use the bathroom sink instead. If not, must be grand experience sharing a table in a fine cuisine restaurant or even the MDR with these fellow voyagers.

A much older hunting buddy of mine used to reminisce about his War ll experiences along the North Pacific coast. They would take their laundry and tie each item tightly to a line then drag it behind the boat for the better part of a day. Nice and clean after that. Maybe Celebrity/RC can establish a similar procedure. Would be fun to watch wouldn't it, hundreds of folk with hundreds of lines dragging behind the vessel. "Trolling".

So I'll answer rdsgral - We're Elite on both lines.

I DON'T think the benefits are better at all on Celebrity.

Everyone has different ideas of what's valuable to them.

Princess :

1)We really appreciate the laundry

2) Since my husband has to stay in touch with work we also really appreciate the generous internet time

3) I like the cabin liquor set up as I can change it out for what I want and drink it at my leisure.

4) Enjoyed the cabin tea service (when we could invite friends over to share - WAY too much food for two people ;) )

Celebrity

1) As I said - laundry is really limited

2) Always have to add to internet as the free time isn't close to enough

3) The free (very limited) drinks are from 5 to 7 and you have to be dressed for dinner to attend. We eat later so, between having to be changed and the limited drinks offered, it's not usually convenient for us.

As I said - each persons likes/dislikes are different.

We sail both lines. I still think Princess service can't be beat but itinerary usually wins out for us.

But then you'd have to get me back on Celebrity which could only be done with me kicking and screaming, "Nooooo!" Once was enough to convince me they don't care about passenger safety or comfort. Nice cruise, had a good time but awful ship experience.

Bad cruises can happen on any line. We had a bad one on Princess but we came back. If the cruise we had on HAL was their standard, they'd be out of business, yet I know you like them. Try an S Class ;)

Bad cruises can happen on any line. We had a bad one on Princess but we came back. If the cruise we had on HAL was their standard, they'd be out of business, yet I know you like them. Try an S Class ;)
Very, very true. I've had some really awful things happen on both Princess and HAL but both lines made things very right when informed and kept me as a customer. Celebrity completely ignored every single issue without even a "We're sorry." And they were significant issues. I wasn't looking for compensation but just an acknowledgment. Not onboard after repeated attempts to report/inform the PSD nor even during a post-cruise follow-up call from X. While the ship had the problems, that's poor management and customer service. Every time I think that maybe I should give X another try, I can't bring myself to even consider spending thousands only to be possibly be treated that way again. :(

I had a thought in Icy Strait Point, Alaska, last week: instead of laundry, I should carry the dirties off the ship and toss them on the wood chip fire. :D Might add something to the smoked ribs. :p My daughter did her family's laundry on the Star in the laundromat and was finished in a couple of hours (granted after many quarters.) She was thrilled to have the facilities available with having her three dirty boys to look after (two sons and one husband.) :D One thing I don't really think about for my future Elite day is the laundry. I know it's important to many people, but I just don't care all that much.

Edited by shredie