Unlimited Dry Cleaning for Elite members

coolplex

To all Captains Circle Elite members

I would appreciate hearing from other Elite members on this issue.

On the last 4 cruises I have sailed on with Princess, my cabin Stuart told me because of environmental reasons, they will not be offering dry cleaning.

I had to speak to an officer to get this issue resolved each time.

I am Elite on other cruise lines and never had this issue. :cool:

If you have had a similar issue, please post your experience.

Bon Voyage

Daniel

To all Captains Circle Elite members

I would appreciate hearing from other Elite members on this issue.

On the last 4 cruises I have sailed on with Princess, my cabin Stuart told me because of environmental reasons, they will not be offering dry cleaning.

I had to speak to an officer to get this issue resolved each time.

I am Elite on other cruise lines and never had this issue. :cool:

If you have had a similar issue, please post your experience.

Bon Voyage

Daniel

Stewart is correct!

They have not had dry cleaning in over 10 years.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Their alternative to "dry" cleaning is very good though. My silk pants always come back perfect.
Princess laundry doesn't use water but a chemical process similar to dry cleaning so it really doesn't matter. I've sent linen, silk, cashmere, etc. out to be "washed" and they come back clean.

That said, there are ports and regions where neither the laundry rooms nor laundry service are available for environmental reasons. Parts of Alaska and Venice come to mind.

Princess laundry doesn't use water but a chemical process similar to dry cleaning so it really doesn't matter. I've sent linen, silk, cashmere, etc. out to be "washed" and they come back clean.

That said, there are ports and regions where neither the laundry rooms nor laundry service are available for environmental reasons. Parts of Alaska and Venice come to mind.

Pam, I will be going on an 11 day cruise out of San Francisco to Alaska. I am elite and would like to use the laundry services offered so I can pack lightly. What parts of Alaska is the laundry service not available. I want to be able to pack accordingly. Thanks.

Pam, I will be going on an 11 day cruise out of San Francisco to Alaska. I am elite and would like to use the laundry services offered so I can pack lightly. What parts of Alaska is the laundry service not available. I want to be able to pack accordingly. Thanks.
It's been years since I did an Alaskan cruise so someone else probably has better and more specific information. Definitely not while scenic viewing glaciers and some ports.

SFO-Alaska-SFO in 2012 on Sea Princess, the self-service laundries closed when we entered Alaskan waters (morning after Victoria when we did our cruise) and re-opened the day after scenic glacier cruising. I would assume the ship laundry had the same schedule.

I had my husbands dinner suite dry cleaned last October

It isn't the same "dry cleaning" process that you get at home. It is a special cleaning process that doesn't use the harsh chemicals.

It isn't the same "dry cleaning" process that you get at home. It is a special cleaning process that doesn't use the harsh chemicals.

Even dry cleaning back at home has changed. Carbon tet, for example, is no longer used.

• 2 months later...
Where is the OP?

Must not have read the CC rules that suggest anyone asking questions will acknowledge the answers provided by others.

There was a long discussion recently about Elite laundry that also requested that passengers think twice about over use and/or abuse of laundry privelages. Other cruise lines such as X allow a very small anout of free laundry as compared to Princess and no one would want to see these small limits implemented on Princess, so ...... Be reasonable! The two of us sent in 4 bags during our recent 30 day Norway and Baltic cruise. Other discussions on CC have mentioed passengers sending in 4 bags per day.

Terry