Visa requirements, Australia

I'm booked on Explorer of the Sea 6 Oct Seattle/Sydney. I have not seen anything from RC regarding a visa requirement for Australia. The Australia website makes it clear that they do require a tourist visa for entry. I called RC and they did confirm the requirement but concede the fact that they do not make this known on the website or your reservation.

It was very easy to obtain a visa on the the Austrian website, 24 hour electronic approval at $20 per person

That's $20 AUD - which is about $15.85 USD (did one this weekend) good for multiple entries for 1 year from date of issue.

All cruises say that the traveler is responsible for the proper visas - nothing new there.

Edited by Beachin2
fat fingered

It's not really a Visa. It's called an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority)...I will be getting my 3rd one for my 2019 cruise.

And Beachin2 is correct. It is up to the traveler to find out what documentation they need. There are many nationalities on the cruise ships, and they all have different regulations on what they need to visit certain countries.

It was very easy to obtain a visa on the the Austrian website, 24 hour electronic approval at $20 per person

Yeah, it may be easy there - but I don't think it will help you much getting into Australia.