Pacific Princess vs Konigsdam Baltic cruise

49pepper

Somehow I have been selected to find a Baltic Cruise Sept.2017 for 6-8 couples and they want me to keep the price reasonable. Viking Star or Oceania Marina were my first choices, but too expensive. Has anyone travelled on the Pacific Princess or HAL Konigsdam? Thoughts? Suggestions? Norwegian Getaway seems to be the cheapest but the ship is too huge.

Somehow I have been selected to find a Baltic Cruise Sept.2017 for 6-8 couples and they want me to keep the price reasonable. Viking Star or Oceania Marina were my first choices, but too expensive. Has anyone travelled on the Pacific Princess or HAL Konigsdam? Thoughts? Suggestions? Norwegian Getaway seems to be the cheapest but the ship is too huge.

The Pacific Princess is about 1000 passengers max. The Koningsdam is about 3600 passengers . Size the big difference and different companies all together.

Actually, the Pacific Princess has about 680 passengers. The Konigsdam has 2650. The Pacific Princess is an older ship (late 1990s). The Konigsdam is brand spanking new. The Pacific Princess would be closer to the Viking Star experience and not too dissimilar from the Oceania Marina (albeit a less expensive cruise on an older ship).

Is there a difference in where the ships port? The Pacific Princess being smaller can get into docks the larger ships can't, but I don't know if that's the case with the itinerary you're looking at.

While we have never gotten bored on the Pacific Princess, I'm sure the Konigsdam would offer more evening entertainment options.

I love the Pacific Princess but would still try the Konigsdam, just to see HAL's newest ship. I don't think 2650 is outside my comfort zone for a larger ship.

Thats too bad. Viking Star/Sea are the best on ocean right now.

930 pax.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I took a look at both and they both have nice itineraries and times in port. The HAL ship is pricing a lot less than the Pacific Princess at this time and that would probably make up my mind, especially since it is a new ship. We did a Baltic cruise last summer on Holland America and it was an excellent experience!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I saw a fantastic video recently of the Konigsdam and wow, that ship looks amazing! The cabin decor is absolutely beautiful, the ship is completely re-vamped so that it really doesn't resemble the other HAL ships with the small, closed-off atriums. There are so many different food/drink areas and so many new venues to try. It really does look like a great ship!