Freedom of the Seas past cruisers...HELP

jalbertfarm

We are very interested in booking a cruise in January on Freedom of the Seas. My question is, "What is the entertainment like?" ie: What kind of theater productions? Piano Bars? Comedy club? Also, do you have to book this stuff in advance? I know we didn't last time with RCI, 8 years ago. But last year we sailed with Norwegian and had to book shows in advance as well. What a fiasco!!

Thanks for all your help cruisers!!:)

There is no need to book shows in advance, unless you're on Oasis class or Anthem... On all the other ships, the shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional seating times. Of course, if you choose MTD, then it's up to YOU to schedule your dinner time around the shows you wish to see.

There is no "comedy club" per se.....there will probably be a guest comedian in the main theater one or two times.....there will also be a "production" show, and other guest entertainers, along with a combo somewhere on the ship, and a piano bar/player....

We are very interested in booking a cruise in January on Freedom of the Seas. My question is, "What is the entertainment like?" ie: What kind of theater productions? Piano Bars? Comedy club? Also, do you have to book this stuff in advance? I know we didn't last time with RCI, 8 years ago. But last year we sailed with Norwegian and had to book shows in advance as well. What a fiasco!!

The entertainment is among the best at sea. The headlining show is Hairspray and it's excellent. Also, there is an ice show in Studio B that's excellent.

There is no dedicated comedy club on FOS, but there will most likely be a comedian on board who does a couple shows in the main theater.

The piano bar is the Schooner Bar. It'll be active every night.

Reservations are not necessary on FOS.

FOS is a great ship and a great cruise! Enjoy. :)

Freedom of the seas does not require booking entertainment in advance. The RCI megaships do. If you'd cruised on an NCL ship that was not a megaship you also would not have had to book entertainment in advance.

The entertainment is among the best at sea. The headlining show is Hairspray and it's excellent. Also, there is an ice show in Studio B that's excellent.

There is no dedicated comedy club on FOS, but there will most likely be a comedian on board who does a couple shows in the main theater.

Was going to ask a question similar to Jalbertfarm's question...First time back on RCI in lots of years.

What is an "ice show"? Like Icecapades?

Was going to ask a question similar to Jalbertfarm's question...First time back on RCI in lots of years.

What is an "ice show"? Like Icecapades?

I guess you could say it's like an icecapade. It's about a 45 minute show put on by really talented skaters...some of who are former Olympians, World Games, etc. Don't miss it. They do an amazing job with it.

I think this is incorrect. The website doesn't list a Broadway-at-Sea production for the Freedom, or Hairspray for any ship at all. If I remember, Hairspray debuted on either the Oasis or Allure but has since been replaced by Cats and Mamma Mia respectively.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=tnywrd_wrnssn_brd_nbrdxp_cntntr_5024&pagename=broadway_at_sea

Edited by ronandannette