Let's talk Dubai!

BBMacLaird

Our blog is about Dubai this week.

"Forty years ago, Dubai didn’t really exist, at least any way close to its current state. It’s an amazing story built on oil money and dreams. It’s sort of like Las Vegas in some ways in that it came out of nowhere and became the jewel of the desert. I love Dubai." Lee Abbamonte

Read more on our Azamara Club Cruises' blog page... http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/blog/dazzling-extravagant-dubai/

And then let me know your thoughts. Personally, Dubai is a place I'd visit if it was easy...and seems to me visiting via cruise ship would be ideal. At the very least there would be no super long flight.

I had no interest in Dubai until last week when Rob and I were sitting down enjoying a beer with our friend who is an architect. Lately he's been involved in a building project in Dubai and had so many stories to tell us about what it's like to be there. Ok. I'm sold. Whenever my better half retires and we have more time at our disposal, we're booking. ;)

I can't wait. I am doing a B2B in March/April 2015 and Dubai is the mid point of the two !!!

We're also on these two cruises. There are nice roll calls going for them. I hope you'll come over and join us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2003392

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990195

Garry

You're in luck...Azamara Club Cruises has nine future cruises calling at Dubai including:

- The Spice Route voyage, which concludes in Dubai in April 2015.

- Dubai to the Turquoise Coast in April 2015, which begins with an overnight stay in Dubai.

- This October 2015 Suez Canal voyage features several sea days, and concludes in Dubai.

- The Spices, Tea and Rubber Trees voyage visits Dubai, India, Sri Lanka and Singapore in November 2015.

Hi Bonnie,

I keep getting conflicting information. I am looking to you for good answers, as you always give. I am on a B2B aboard Quest from Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Istanbul. I will only be doing Azamara excursions or walking through towns on my own. I am a US citizen Will i need to get any VISAs before I leave? Thanks for your assistance

Hi I travel to the UAE for work on a regular basis and whilst the time of year does not suit us to cruise a huge thank you to AZAMARA for recognising the potential of this part of the world as most higher end cruise companies do not support the region.

The UAE is one of the most user friendly parts of the world for travellers ,I have always felt welcome and well looked after when visiting.

Hi Bonnie,

I keep getting conflicting information. I am looking to you for good answers, as you always give. I am on a B2B aboard Quest from Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Istanbul. I will only be doing Azamara excursions or walking through towns on my own. I am a US citizen Will i need to get any VISAs before I leave? Thanks for your assistance

Let me ask Customer Service. They know the ins & outs.

I've been to Dubai three times on business trips, arriving by air. I see it as the Las Vegas of the middle east. If you you like Vegas, you'll probably like Dubai.

Personally, I don't find it that interesting. I am much more interested in places that have great historical or natural attractions. Dubai has neither. But if you like tall, shiny buildings, it has more than just about anywhere else.

Dubai is a very convenient place to fly in/out, given Emirates' huge hub. I wouldn't mind starting/ending a cruise there from a cost and efficiency perspective. One airfare savings hint - a flight round trip to Dubai can cost almost double that of a round trip flight to India or South Africa. But Emirates does not charge extra for stopovers in Dubai. So if you have a round trip cruise out of Dubai, you can save a lot by visiting India (as an example), and taking your cruise during the Emirates stopover.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi Bonnie,

I understand that you will need various visas for these cruises. Some will be issued on-board and others you will need to obtain in advance, prior to boarding.

Since our Customer Service agents are kept up to date with all the latest requirements, please give them a call. The North American phone numbers are 1-305-341-0206 or 1-877-999-9553 (toll-free).

I understand that you will need various visas for these cruises. Some will be issued on-board and others you will need to obtain in advance, prior to boarding.

Since our Customer Service agents are kept up to date with all the latest requirements, please give them a call. The North American phone numbers are 1-305-341-0206 or 1-877-999-9553 (toll-free).

Thanks, will do !!