Taxi to airport from White Bay Cruise Terminal

It's not hard. The only thing is you may have a bit of a wait, if many are leaving at the same time.

If it's two couple with luggage, you may need a maxi-taxi, which again there are a fair number of, just can be a wait. Sometimes it works out quicker as they call them out! The cars seat 4, but if you have large luggage for 4, it probably won't fit in the boot.

When we disembarked at White Bay recently we went to the airport by shuttle bus. Two people at $19 each ($38) was a bit cheaper than a taxi that usually costs around $50. There was no waiting around for the shuttle bus.

I note that you say there are two couples so a taxi would be cheaper than the shuttle bus. As our bus drove out I noticed a long line of taxis waiting in a yard near the cruise terminal. I am pretty sure they were waiting for space in the parking lot immediately in front of the terminal and they would be called in as other taxis left.

Another advantage of a taxi is that they will take you to your correct terminal. We were all lot off at the Virgin/Jet Star terminal but we were flying Qantas and had to walk to the other terminal (Terminal 3 I think). This wasn't really a problem but we had a fair bit of luggage. :)

Pre booked is preferred, although sometimes it can be arranged if you can find someone at the airport to make the booking for you.:D

They have their list of names of people who have booked. Are they permitted to accept money from people not on the list? On one occasion we tried another shuttle service at the airport but they only go to the main hotels in the CBD. If you are cruising with Princess, I suggest pre-booking the transfer now the cost has dropped from $29pp to $19.

Thanks for the info. I looked online in the Personaliser and could not find where to book a transfer. I will contact my TA.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Your TA will need to contact the cruiseline if you haven't booked with them directly.

Or like I did one time. Arrived at Sydney airport saw the Princess rep. Asked if she had a spare seat on the bus. She said yes. I said how much she said $20 and on I hopped. Handed her the cash. Quite a few people did this.

We have done this elsewhere such as in the USA and UK, I suppose it would depend if there was room or not. I wouldn't leave it to chance though, have the taxi as a backup plan.:D

We have done this elsewhere such as in the USA and UK, I suppose it would depend if there was room or not. I wouldn't leave it to chance though, have the taxi as a backup plan.:D

We have managed to do this a couple of times also, but other times they have said "No, sorry. We can't accept money."

Another advantage of a taxi is that they will take you to your correct terminal. We were all lot off at the Virgin/Jet Star terminal but we were flying Qantas and had to walk to the other terminal (Terminal 3 I think). This wasn't really a problem but we had a fair bit of luggage. :)

Shuttles are designated to drop at both terminals. There should have been absolutely no requirement for you to walk to T3.

Shuttles are designated to drop at both terminals. There should have been absolutely no requirement for you to walk to T3.

We weren't given the option. Everyone got off the bus - we were almost last because were close to the back of the bus. The luggage came on a truck and we had to wait probably 10-15 minutes for that to arrive, by which time the bus had gone. It was only after we had our luggage that we realised we were at the wrong terminal. :)

Edited by Aus Traveller

We weren't given the option. Everyone got off the bus - we were almost last because were close to the back of the bus. The luggage came on a truck and we had to wait probably 10-15 minutes for that to arrive, by which time the bus had gone. It was only after we had our luggage that we realised we were at the wrong terminal. :)

Mmm that's an unusual situation. Some charters do this. Normally they only send luggage on a truck to the International. I have done work for Carnival and they usually get the passengers to take there luggage to the shuttle and it is loaded according to the destination terminal.

Anyway luckily it is only a short walk between T2 and T3.

You should have no problems as a lot of the taxis are station wagons. We got four people, four suitcases and four carry on bags in one. bit of a squeeze but all good. Enjoy.

You could be OK in a wagon, but a sedan would be too small. Many taxis run on LPG and have the gas tank in the boot.

You should have no problems as a lot of the taxis are station wagons. We got four people, four suitcases and four carry on bags in one. bit of a squeeze but all good. Enjoy.

Thanks,think we will go with that, our flight is not till 1pm so we have plenty of time.

Thanks,think we will go with that, our flight is not till 1pm so we have plenty of time.

On our recent cruise our flight was around 1pm and we were at the airport by 9.30 or so. I was regretting that we had booked a flight so late as we had to go to a birthday party that afternoon (planned after we booked the flight). At the airport we heard stories about people barely making their flight or missing it on previous occasions. Then we heard that just after we disembarked, Aust Quarantine found a couple had bread rolls with ham & cheese in their hand luggage. Duh:confused: After that, Quarantine searched everyone's luggage. (I am not complaining about that.) Disembarkation was delayed and people arrived at the airport just in time for their 1pm flight.

In future I think we will stick with 1pm flights.:)