Getaway H4 room location advice

Marknari

Hi all,

Looking at booking Getaway Nov or Dec 2017 in an H4-2 bedroom suite, DH and I traveling with MIL. (she said she's fine with the small bedroom by the way-feel free to add thoughts on this too).

Any room location advise for us? If we pick deck 16, seems to be under sun deck, Vibe or Haven sun deck. Is it noisy with dragging chairs? Had this with Star mini suite many years ago and it was quite noisy (and started very early morning too).

Is deck 15 too removed from Haven proper, or not a big deal?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

We stayed in H4 16114 on the sister ship Breakaway (deck plan is pretty much the same as Getaway) and LOVED the location! Very quiet. No noise from above and close to the Haven courtyard, bar and restaurant. I'd book it again no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in 16712 and had no issues with noise above. Personally, I like walking through the Haven lounge when walking to our cabin. It make us feel more connected to the people working in the Haven. If we were to cruise on the Getaway again, I would definitely choose a room on 16.

Thanks so much for all of your input! This would be first time Haven for us (if all goes according to plan!).

Agree that it would make us feel more connected to Haven being on 16. Will look at starboard forward/mid on 16.

Thanks so much for all of your input! This would be first time Haven for us (if all goes according to plan!).

Agree that it would make us feel more connected to Haven being on 16. Will look at starboard forward/mid on 16.

You might want to check the deck plans to see if Vibe bar area is above your room. It, along with the Haven deck, are on deck 17 on the starboard side. I know when I booked I checked to make sure that the chances were slimmer that I'd hear deck chair movement above. There were only walkways above our room. The deck was further back. Good luck and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed in 16720 last year and LOVED the location. We were right across the hall from the door that opens into the Haven lounge area so you could peek out and see how busy it was in there, plus no trudging down a long hallway to get to your cabin. We didn't hear a bit of noise from the deck above us, and I was up around sunrise most mornings. My son and I took a quick tour around the rest of the areas, and after seeing deck 15, I'm so glad we didn't book a room there as it seemed so far removed from the actual Haven area