Does Anyone Remember COSTA RIVIERA ?

F27TW

This ship holds a special place in my heart as she was my very first cruise ship. Back in 1990 (i think), my partner and I took his parents on a 7-day out of FLL. We had a cpl full sea days and stops in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen, MX.

We loved pretty much everything about the cruise. The ship (even though she was older), the food (OMG!!), the staff and the port calls.

I still can remember this cruise as if it were yesterday.

Sadly, CostaRiviera is no more, but I'd love to hear (and see!) anyone else's recollections of this ship!

-Tony/CT

• 1 year later...

My first cruise was on Costa Riviera in 10/85. Mario Palumbo was captain and Augusto Fazzio was the hotel manager. Toured the bridge, galley and engine room, and at no cost! We had a great time. Ran into Augusto years later on Regal Empress. What a nice man. Trying to get his phone number to give him a call.

You've never visited an engine room until you visit a steam turbine engine room!

My first cruise was on Costa Riviera in 10/85. Mario Palumbo was captain and Augusto Fazzio was the hotel manager. Toured the bridge, galley and engine room, and at no cost! We had a great time. Ran into Augusto years later on Regal Empress. What a nice man. Trying to get his phone number to give him a call.

You've never visited an engine room until you visit a steam turbine engine room!

Hi Lou --- my very first cruise was on CostaRiviera as well .. more like in 1988. We did the galley tour too, but not the other areas you mentioned -- would love to have visited the engine room!

I'm also with you re: Regal Empress ... sailed on her twice - (once out of NYC (amazing views!) and she will always be special to us!

-Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes, I sailed on Costa Riviera twice: 28 Sep 1987, and again on 01 Feb 1992. Had a great time on both cruises. I still remember that there was a floor-to-ceiling pole in the middle of one of the cabins I sailed in....

I still have my Costa Club book, with the stamps.

The schmucks at the NEW Costa have declined to recognize my 7 Costa cruises. This is probably a reason why I will NEVER EVER sail with them again.

• 2 years later...

We sailed on Costa Rivera in December 1989. It was a Christmas cruise! Our waiter ARMANDO was wonderful! I have so many pictures of our adventures on the ship -- toga party, country western night. We had baked Alaska for the very first time. Had a picnic on St. Croix. Wow, what a great time we had, and what a beautiful ship! This cruise started our cruising life together :)

• 1 month later...